Depends, one assumes, on your definition of "limited." There are working projectors out there from the 30s, 40s, & 50s. Theres a theatre in Rhode Island which has an old booth hidden up above their new booth (which was installed around the 70s). The old booth dates from 1928, & has Supers. The projectors are still there, & still wired up. Flip on the motor switch, & they turn over fine. You could run film on them tomorrow, just not onto a screen. So that "limited lifespan" thing......not so much.
(I assure you that would not be possible with a Barco....)
The Norelcos here at the Somerville date from around 1957. I would say they have 96% of their original components. It's true, Ive had to replace a couple of parts. But with reasonable maintenance, those machines will outlive everyone on this board, & their children.
So, again, "limited?' Sure, if by that you mean a couple of hundred years.
Just sayin'.
(I assure you that would not be possible with a Barco....)
The Norelcos here at the Somerville date from around 1957. I would say they have 96% of their original components. It's true, Ive had to replace a couple of parts. But with reasonable maintenance, those machines will outlive everyone on this board, & their children.
So, again, "limited?' Sure, if by that you mean a couple of hundred years.
Just sayin'.
Comment