Steenbeck projection problem

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Neal Scanlan
    Film Handler
    • Jan 2021
    • 74
    • Hampshire UK

    #1

    Steenbeck projection problem

    Hello all,

    I am restoring a 35mm Steenbeck and have hit upon a problem, the image on the screen is vertical. As you can see from the photograph there is the rotating prism, standard lens and an anamorphic lens. There is no other prism/mirror arrangement other than the two mirrors in the shroud which bounce the image to the screen. I think I am missing a part or am I being dumb and missing something else?

    Can anyone help or has an image/description of what rotates the image to horizontal?
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
  • Leo Enticknap
    Film God
    • Jan 2020
    • 3572
    • Loma Linda, CA

    #2
    Does the lens assembly rotate?

    Comment

    • Neal Scanlan
      Film Handler
      • Jan 2021
      • 74
      • Hampshire UK

      #3
      Hello Leo,

      Thank you for getting back to me.
      I contacted Steenbeck themselves and they were very helpful​​​​​​. There is a mirror unit missing and this is something I can engineer. The image is rotated through 4 mirrors in front of the lenses shown in the photograph.
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.

      Comment

      • Dave Macaulay
        Pro Film Handler
        • Jan 2020
        • 460
        • Toronto, Ontario, Canada

        #4
        Just saw this. I serviced these things more years ago than I want to specify. The image rotator was not fun to clean, nor were the prism and other mirrors. Hope it all works for you! The electronics are, well, prehistoric... but at lease the cards use "normal" components with no FPGAs and the like. Take care of the sprag clutches, they need to be clean and properly lubricated.

        Comment

        Working...