Experienced machinists for re-sleeving 16mm lenses?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Mike Williamson
    Newbie
    • Jan 2021
    • 2
    • Los Angeles, CA

    #1

    Experienced machinists for re-sleeving 16mm lenses?

    Does anyone know of experienced machinists who could re-sleeve 16mm lenses? I have two ISCO 20-60mm zoom lenses for 16mm Eiki. I had a (rather well known) cinema company resleeve both of them for Elmo projectors. One of the lenses they resleeved constantly drifts out of focus, like it's not seated tightly in the projector. Since they also knicked the glass on both (!!!) lenses during their work, I didn't want to send it back.

    Can anyone recommend someone with the skills to do this properly?
    Last edited by Mike Williamson; 05-19-2022, 11:02 AM.
  • Mark Gulbrandsen
    Film God
    • Jan 2020
    • 3093
    • Nashville, TN

    #2
    Ask James Bond at Full Aperature Systems in Chicago. He has re-sleeved 16mm lenses for Eastman 25's... He has a web site.

    Comment

    • Mark Gulbrandsen
      Film God
      • Jan 2020
      • 3093
      • Nashville, TN

      #3
      Also Cinema Engineering which is just down the street from.you compared to James. Cinema Engineering is mainly a motion.picture camera shop, but he has a full machine shop and more than enough knowledge to tackle that.

      Comment

      • Abraham Robinson
        Newbie
        • May 2020
        • 19
        • Oakland, CA

        #4
        Mike, please update on how it goes. I also have an ISCO 20-60 I want modified - thanks!

        Comment

        Working...