Kinoton parts

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Sigurd Wik
    Newbie
    • Feb 2020
    • 28
    • Bergen, Norway

    #1

    Kinoton parts

    Hi,

    We are custom making a DP70 setup, and I wonder about a couple of things Kinoton.

    We use a Kinoton Universal 2-7kw lamp house. I would need to know the exact length wise placement of the lamp/arc within the mirror. Mirror is big type, 34cm diameter. I ask because we plan to use lamps not made for the mirror. I remember seeing a Kinoton document with different xenon bulb adapters, but can't find it.

    Also, anybody has two Kinoton type DP70 sound readers they are willing to part with?
  • Steve Guttag
    Film God
    • Jan 2020
    • 3777
    • Annapolis, MD

    #2
    Xenon Lamp adapters. Somewhere, I have the working distances. BTW...I HAVE been given permission to share these now. Xenon Lamp Adapters60A-90-25-E.pdf

    I would caution you on your lamp choices. Reflectors are often designed with particular arcs (lamp styles) and lenses in mind. Often, deviating from those will result in a less efficient system. It is not a casual sort of thing. In general, Kinoton reflectors were designed with "HS" style lamps/arcs in mind and do well with short arcs.

    As an aside, I found that the Barco "B" series projectors with the "XL" lamphouse do exceptionally well with "HS" style "film" lamps...like on par or maybe better than "digital" lamps.
    Attached Files

    Comment

    • Sigurd Wik
      Newbie
      • Feb 2020
      • 28
      • Bergen, Norway

      #3
      Thank you! Yes have been using HS/HEHS and will try another short arc type meant for digital. It's a test.

      Comment

      • Sean McKinnon
        Pro Film Handler
        • Jan 2020
        • 269
        • Boston (Peabody), Ma

        #4
        It is still possible to find Kinoton "universal" lamphouses if you choose to go that route. It is also possible to retrofit a RSSD onto a DP70 but its very involved.

        Comment

        • Sigurd Wik
          Newbie
          • Feb 2020
          • 28
          • Bergen, Norway

          #5
          Thanks, yes we have the Universal house, just uncertain about the arc placement. We also have the RSSD, but as you say it's quite a job. Would prefer a made to fit reader.

          Comment

          • Jerry G. Axelsson
            Film Handler
            • Jan 2020
            • 98
            • Stockholm, Sweden

            #6
            Hello Sigurd, we have just done the procedure you ask about on a DP70:s with the Kinoton 2-7KW lamphouse.
            The person which did the installation was Ronald Rosbeek. You can google for Rosbeektechniek in Holland and ask him directly.
            He should be able to give you the measurements for the lamphouse placement.

            Comment

            • Sigurd Wik
              Newbie
              • Feb 2020
              • 28
              • Bergen, Norway

              #7
              Hi Jerry, thanks that's interesting. Yes I have been in contact with Ronald on a couple of occasions, the last time buying his reels for the DP70s, which are great. I read you also did the three bladed shutter conversion. Would you care to share some pictures, would be very interested to see!

              Comment

              • Alan Lyman
                Newbie
                • Jan 2020
                • 25
                • Denmark

                #8
                There is a picture of the 3blade,on the interview with Ronald on in70mm.com

                Comment

                • Sigurd Wik
                  Newbie
                  • Feb 2020
                  • 28
                  • Bergen, Norway

                  #9
                  Thanks, I see it now. That is a very cool mod.

                  Comment

                  Working...