ID this lamphouse?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Mark Ogden
    Pro Film Handler
    • Jan 2020
    • 178
    • Little Falls, NJ

    #1

    ID this lamphouse?

    This is not a good pic but I was hoping somebody could ID the lamp house and the wattage lamps it was designed for. Thanks!

    DSCN3822.jpg
  • Mark Gulbrandsen
    Film God
    • Jan 2020
    • 3093
    • Nashville, TN

    #2
    Judging by the volt and amp meter on the rear it's a late model 4 to 6 kw Xetron. It is also the same color as the Xetron consoles I installed in a new build in Greenwood, Indiana back in the very early 2000's.

    Comment

    • John Eickhof
      Pro Film Handler
      • Jun 2020
      • 417
      • wendell, idaho

      #3
      mark is right on its a late model xetron xhn-45 3-5 kw same as the pair i sold to the wilma theatre in missoula mt. good lamphouse but warm on the aperture! can fit 3000w hsc thru 7000w hsc lamps. also was suitable for 70mm w/ optional beam spreader...(looks like a century jj- 35/70)
      Last edited by John Eickhof; 01-09-2023, 10:12 PM.

      Comment

      • Mark Ogden
        Pro Film Handler
        • Jan 2020
        • 178
        • Little Falls, NJ

        #4
        Originally posted by John Eickhof
        was suitable for 70mm w/ optional beam spreader...(looks like a century jj- 35/70)
        It is. That's interstellar on the platter (complete with the notorious DTS drop-out) !

        Comment

        • Brad Miller
          Administrator
          • Dec 2019
          • 373
          • Plano, TX, USA

          #5
          Originally posted by Mark Ogden

          It is. That's interstellar on the platter (complete with the notorious DTS drop-out) !
          I saw that problem on the bench when I was inspecting it before the film opened and warned Paramount about it DTS was quick to issue a software upgrade that extended the "free-roll time" (without timecode) to 8 or 10 seconds. I'm guessing that site didn't get the software upgraded.

          Comment

          Working...