VFD and 3 Phase Synchronous Motor Suggestions

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Brad Miller
    Administrator
    • Dec 2019
    • 373
    • Plano, TX, USA

    #16
    Originally posted by Tang Killss

    - spamming post removed -
    Tang Killss - there is zero tolerance for spamming on these boards and you have done it twice now. BANNED

    Comment

    • Dave Macaulay
      Pro Film Handler
      • Jan 2020
      • 460
      • Toronto, Ontario, Canada

      #17
      The flywheel may steady shaft speed but I doubt it's needed. It's there to slow down motor start IMO. And not needed with a VFD where ramp speed is controlled.

      Comment

      • Mark Gulbrandsen
        Film God
        • Jan 2020
        • 3093
        • Nashville, TN

        #18
        Again... If you ever plan on interlocking it with another projector keep in mind that tje bodine VFD is an asynscronous motor system. So they will drift around a bit...

        Comment

        • Matt McBride
          Newbie
          • Jan 2020
          • 15
          • Tupelo, MS

          #19
          Thanks Mark and Dave(good to know I won't need to put the flywheel back on). I was able to secure two VFDs and two bodine motors to mate with my christie heads. It turned out the whole shaft of the previous motor fits perfectly with the new housing and runs fine. I had machine shop do the swap for me. This will be for a change-over setup, so I won't be interlocking the systems. Thanks for everyone's help.

          Comment

          • Mark Gulbrandsen
            Film God
            • Jan 2020
            • 3093
            • Nashville, TN

            #20
            Another thought for driving a P35 is to use a vari-speed Bodine Hall effect brushless motor. I used one of these on my VistaVision projector and it never gave any problems. I also fitted a tach and digital readout for FPS. It is small and light enough to sit in your hand, yet is rated at 1/4 H.P. Also has a flange mount. It worked great for me. Plus, it does need a flywheel which is already in the Christie and could be re-used... It can also be automated through it's controller if needed.

            Comment

            • Matt McBride
              Newbie
              • Jan 2020
              • 15
              • Tupelo, MS

              #21
              I'll keep that in mind. Thanks for the suggestion.

              Comment

              Working...