IREM Igniter ASN 700 Wiring Diagram

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • George Verges
    Newbie
    • Oct 2023
    • 2
    • Brazil

    #1

    IREM Igniter ASN 700 Wiring Diagram

    Hello friends. I bought an IREM igniter model ASN700 to connect to my Victoria 5 projector, but I don't have the igniter's wiring diagram. I looked on the Internet but couldn't find it.
    Could anyone tell me how I can connect the 5 connectors? The sixth is G, which must be ground.
    A hug to everyone and thank you very much for your attention.​
  • John Eickhof
    Pro Film Handler
    • Jun 2020
    • 417
    • wendell, idaho

    #2
    what make and model of lamphouse is it? cinemecchanica? xetron? or zenith? there are several instructions and schematics here on ft in the warehouse/manuals section, there were a dozen or so igniters, and the wiring is different for all of them so be careful, can you post a picture of the igniter? i can then help you with the wiring. john

    Comment

    • George Verges
      Newbie
      • Oct 2023
      • 2
      • Brazil

      #3
      Thank you for the answer. The previous owner of this projector removed all the electrical wiring and to this day I still don't understand why. The lamphouse is a GALAXY - 140HS. I'm posting photos of the igniter.
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 4 photos.

      Comment

      • John Eickhof
        Pro Film Handler
        • Jun 2020
        • 417
        • wendell, idaho

        #4
        here is the us version (125v) of the 700 i believe the only difference is the input voltage so connections should be the same...IREMIGNITERASN700_1000.pdf (film-tech.com)​ however i think it is the early version and the replacements that have the red bottom cover have a different wiring...the jumper sets the open circuit ignite voltage to either 85v dc or 115v dc.

        Comment

        • John Eickhof
          Pro Film Handler
          • Jun 2020
          • 417
          • wendell, idaho

          #5
          here is a link to irem ignitors info...AS SERIES - Xenon lamps - IREM power quality, turbine idroelettriche, illuminazione professionale i agree that it is unusual for the wiring to have been cut...look at the wires for numbering to maybe they can be matched up that way.​

          Comment

          • Jim Cassedy
            Film God
            • Jan 2020
            • 1450
            • San Francisco

            #6
            Originally posted by John Eickhof
            i agree that it is unusual for the wiring to have been cut....​
            I witnessed digital cinema installers deliberately cutting cables & drive belts on film equipment on
            several occasions during the cinemapacoplyse when theater owners were being forced to convert
            to digtial projection. I'm not saying that this was a standard installation procedure, but I personally
            saw it happen at two venues and heard similar stories from a couple of other people.

            Comment

            • Tony Bandiera Jr
              Expert Film Handler
              • Jan 2020
              • 720
              • Moreland, Idaho

              #7
              Originally posted by Jim Cassedy
              I witnessed digital cinema installers deliberately cutting cables & drive belts on film equipment on
              several occasions during the cinemapacoplyse when theater owners were being forced to convert
              to digtial projection.
              I'm not saying that this was a standard installation procedure, but I personally
              saw it happen at two venues and heard similar stories from a couple of other people.
              I wonder if that was for the theatres under VPFs, I seem to recall having heard that those getting digital under that contract HAD to destroy the film equipment on purpose.

              Comment

              • Jim Cassedy
                Film God
                • Jan 2020
                • 1450
                • San Francisco

                #8
                Tony- That's what someone told me once too. I was raising such a fuss when I saw them
                doing this that they made the theater owner remove me from the booth. Later, when they
                went out to lunch, I went back in and "rescued' the DolbyDigital™& DTS reader cables
                before they had a chance to cut them.

                Comment

                • Mark Gulbrandsen
                  Film God
                  • Jan 2020
                  • 3093
                  • Nashville, TN

                  #9
                  I was told that, but I ended up doing GDC VPF's because it was cheaper initially and did not require off site monitoring. GDC did not require that projectors be made not to run. Regardless, most of what I removed went to recycling/

                  Comment

                  • Gordon McLeod
                    Expert Film Handler
                    • Jan 2020
                    • 565
                    • Toronto Ontario Canada

                    #10
                    Most VPF required one film machine be maintained per complex

                    Comment

                    Working...