Martin Audio Screen 6 - opinions?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Sascha Roll
    Pro Film Handler
    • Jan 2020
    • 106
    • Berlin, Germany

    #1

    Martin Audio Screen 6 - opinions?

    Hi there,

    Could get my Hands on some pretty cheap SCREEN6 speakers, made by Martin Audio. Never Heard them before - who has experience? Both hands-on or Just listening to them.

    How do they compare to JBL and QSC (my usual choice)?

    Datasheet attached.

    Best,
    Sascha

    Screen6datasheet (1).pdf
  • Pete Naples
    Pro Film Handler
    • Jan 2020
    • 135
    • Dunfermline, Scotland

    #2
    I used Martin Audio a few times, Odeon and UCI here in the UK did too.

    I have also used Martin in PA some years ago>

    They are a well thought of make, here in the UK at any rate.

    If they were still making cinema loudspeakers, I'd use them.

    I installed a Trinnov Ovation with bi-amped Martin speakers as an demo for a customer who was ready to replace the speakers. Really their issue was the plug-in crossovers on their elderly QSC USA amplifiers. Anyway, with the Ovation doing the work those Martins really sang nicely.

    Comment

    • Mark Gulbrandsen
      Film God
      • Jan 2020
      • 3093
      • Nashville, TN

      #3
      I can't speak for the Martins, but I have great respect for British speaker manufacturers. I've owned a number of pair over the years and they sounded great and held up well. Currently have s pair of LS50's and matching KEF subwoofer in my home office. In past yearsI've also owned B&W and Warfdales...

      Comment

      • Marco Giustini
        Film God
        • Jan 2020
        • 1169
        • Reading, UK

        #4
        I worked with Martin speakers for many years in a multiplex and they never failed despite running at pretty high levels. The 6 are good, I had 6B (double LF) and were performing well.

        HF is not at JBL level - they drop above 8KHz but in my opinion they sound pretty, are well made and pretty robust speakers.

        Comment

        • Marcel Birgelen
          Film God
          • Jan 2020
          • 3619
          • Maastricht, NL

          #5
          I know Martin Audio primarily from their PA speaker setups and they're generally a well respected, no nonsense professional speaker outlet. I can't say much about their cinema offerings, as you don't see them that often around here.

          If this is for a private setup, I'd probably give them a try. If this would be for a commercial install, I'd usually just go with the stuff I know, because I know that will yield the expected results.

          Comment

          Working...