Manual for CP200

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Mikael Christensen
    Film Handler
    • Jan 2022
    • 30
    • Denmark

    #1

    Manual for CP200

    Panic mode: I am desperate looking for a manual for Dolby CP200 !
    It has to be the complet version, I hope someone has a copy they want to sell, or if someone can scan (in high quality) the manual, I will ofcourse pay for it.
    Attached Files
  • Tony Bandiera Jr
    Expert Film Handler
    • Jan 2020
    • 720
    • Moreland, Idaho

    #2
    It's here in the warehouse: http://www.film-tech.com/warehouse/index.php?category=2


    Scroll down to "Sound Equipment" and you'll find the two links, the Installation Manual and Circuit Diagrams.

    Comment

    • Mikael Christensen
      Film Handler
      • Jan 2022
      • 30
      • Denmark

      #3
      Thanks for the link, but these versions are in very bad condition. :-)

      Comment

      • Ryan Gallagher
        Film God
        • Nov 2022
        • 2855
        • Austin, Texas, USA

        #4
        We still have a CP200, we may even have a paper manual. I'll check when I return to work, maybe I could update the scans for the archive.

        Comment

        • Ryan Gallagher
          Film God
          • Nov 2022
          • 2855
          • Austin, Texas, USA

          #5
          I do have the CP200 complete manual (with fold out diagrams etc). As they are not all 8.5x11 scanning is going to take a bit of effort. I may take it home over the Xmas break. My condo co-work space has a very nice copier/scanner, and I can phone scan the larger pages and edit the final PDF for re-sharing a modern scan of that manual.

          Comment

          • Mikael Christensen
            Film Handler
            • Jan 2022
            • 30
            • Denmark

            #6
            Thanks, that sound nice :-)

            Comment

            • Ryan Gallagher
              Film God
              • Nov 2022
              • 2855
              • Austin, Texas, USA

              #7
              Better late than never, no doubt after Mikael's needs... but I have re-done a scan of the CP200 manual and diagrams.

              https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...f0?usp=sharing

              Please consider this a draft, not intended as a polished PDF, but perhaps the diagrams are more legible when needed... the diagrams are phone photos and I may be convinced to redo them with better methods, not sure it's a huge improvement over the one in the archive as is. The double-sided rest of it was accomplished section by section in a copier/scanner at 600dpi, fed upside-down so as to not eat the binder edge, and then flipped in post. I let it guess color vs bw so a couple pages got the color guess on accident.

              I included a folder of the cropped diagram jpegs in case there was any quality loss going to the PDF versions.
              Last edited by Ryan Gallagher; 05-02-2025, 11:37 PM.

              Comment

              • Steve Guttag
                Film God
                • Jan 2020
                • 3777
                • Annapolis, MD

                #8
                I guess you found that they were not (ever) 8.5 x 11 as Dolby Cinema products, in that era were UK based so the paper would be based on Euro measure like A4 paper for the singles. The foldouts were triple that size (I have heard it referred to an A4 6-page leaflet) and the signal flow charge was even larger.

                Comment

                • Ryan Gallagher
                  Film God
                  • Nov 2022
                  • 2855
                  • Austin, Texas, USA

                  #9
                  Yeah, I went into it having seen about 4 of the fold outs, did not realize the whole last sections was all 3 pane or more. Was more work than I expected when I started yesterday!

                  That and for a guy who knows tech quite well, I spent an embarrassing amount of time fighting with our co-work space copier. It’s internet was down so no scanning to email , and after much trial and error scanning to 8GB usb and SD card devices, I eventually learned it didn’t like ones that big. I found an ancient 1GB sd card and finally saw files appear on the PC.

                  It was confounding, I still don’t understand the exact error. Scanner behaved correctly, showed files on the media, but would claim to run out of capacity in MB prematurely (which were never shown accurately), and PC would see an empty device with full capacity available. After a reformat using random 1s and 0s, the scanner STILL saw files and claimed the device was full. What devilish magic is this? Same behavior with vFAT or MS-DOS devices.

                  I was *this* close to randomly guessing setup passwords (or googling the default), to try to get into the copier admin and diagnose the network connection. LOL
                  Last edited by Ryan Gallagher; 05-03-2025, 08:33 AM.

                  Comment

                  • Mikael Christensen
                    Film Handler
                    • Jan 2022
                    • 30
                    • Denmark

                    #10
                    Originally posted by Ryan Gallagher
                    Better late than never,
                    A thousand thanks, this is just perfect

                    Comment

                    Working...