2001, H8 and Oppenheimer DTS70

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Sigurd Wik
    Newbie
    • Feb 2020
    • 28
    • Bergen, Norway

    #1

    2001, H8 and Oppenheimer DTS70

    Hi again,

    Some more questions on DTS70. Just wondered if anyone knows if there were 6.0 mixes made for these? Tested 2001 today, which is 5.1. Film version we are screening is the 50 year anniversary Nolan-backed one. Testing H8 tomorrow, so not sure what we have received yet.
  • Michael Zarits
    Film Handler
    • Jan 2020
    • 85
    • Austria

    #2
    Don't know about 6-Channel versions but I have 2001 8-Channel (7.0 Mix) in case you need it.

    Comment

    • Steve Guttag
      Film God
      • Jan 2020
      • 3777
      • Annapolis, MD

      #3
      2001 has DTS versions for 5.1, 6.0 and 8-track. The 8-track is the 5.1 with LC and RC. I have held all three versions. I consider the 6.0 to be the definitive version. The 5.1 is the accommodation version for typical cinemas. The 8-channel is, no doubt, a morph of the 5.1 and 6.0 in that they would allow LC/RC to get their channels. I have no idea as to the care that may have been put into a remix. But, given the option, I always try to present a classic title as close to the original as possible.

      6.0 versions were not made of the other two. In fact, no Atmos or 7.1 mixes were done. Since they were targeting a 70mm release, they stuck to DTS 5.1.

      Comment

      • Sigurd Wik
        Newbie
        • Feb 2020
        • 28
        • Bergen, Norway

        #4
        Thanks for info.

        Michael, would be happy to receive the 7.0 mix, I'll send you a DM.

        Steve, interesting with three mixes. A bit puzzling about the 7.0. Just based on the name it would seem to be a 6.0 but with a split surround. In any case I am very interested in getting the 6.0, as I agree with your notion of screening as true to the original as possible. Happy to hear if you (or anybody else) has the 6.0 track.

        Comment

        • Sigurd Wik
          Newbie
          • Feb 2020
          • 28
          • Bergen, Norway

          #5
          Oops my bad. The 8-track you mention Steve, is probably the 7.0 then, and it makes sense with the channel layout you mention.

          Comment

          Working...