Hi all.
Wasn't sure how to title this, We are installing a reel to reel Norelco 70/35 system. All of the audio is going into a Dolby 650. Perfect! Separately in the same booth, I have my digital system (christie 4435) going into a Dolby 950 Processor through the two RJ45 AES ports. All of my amps (dumb QSCs) are connected to my 950. All of my JBL speakers are bi-amped with the equalization and crossover happening in the 950.
Of course I don't want a second set of amps. I want to tie my 650 into my amps also. I figure I have two paths
1. 650 into the 950. since my 650 model doesn't have crossovers, and the 950 doesn't have analogue inputs from the 650, I need some kind of analogue to digital converter. I could run that digital conversion into the HDMI port or the two RJ45 AES ports (and just manually switch the cat6a cables from one source to the other when I'm running film or digital). Maybe there is even a AES Rj45 switcher out there where I hit a button going from "film" to "GDC1000" but that is a minor add.
2. The analogue output from the 650 can go into a crossover device to match what I have in the 950. I get the 650 equalization to match the 950, and have some kind of analgoue audio switcher. Specifically the 950 output and 650 output both go into this magical switcher. The switcher's output then goes into my amps.
I wanted to get the boards thoughts on the best practice here and any products they would suggest.
I really don't want to run the digital audio to the 650, and I'm hoping to not have to get a datasat ap25 processor to solve this either.
Thanks in advance. I hope this is clear. Can't wait to show our first 35mm in my theater.
Brian
Row House Cinemas.
Wasn't sure how to title this, We are installing a reel to reel Norelco 70/35 system. All of the audio is going into a Dolby 650. Perfect! Separately in the same booth, I have my digital system (christie 4435) going into a Dolby 950 Processor through the two RJ45 AES ports. All of my amps (dumb QSCs) are connected to my 950. All of my JBL speakers are bi-amped with the equalization and crossover happening in the 950.
Of course I don't want a second set of amps. I want to tie my 650 into my amps also. I figure I have two paths
1. 650 into the 950. since my 650 model doesn't have crossovers, and the 950 doesn't have analogue inputs from the 650, I need some kind of analogue to digital converter. I could run that digital conversion into the HDMI port or the two RJ45 AES ports (and just manually switch the cat6a cables from one source to the other when I'm running film or digital). Maybe there is even a AES Rj45 switcher out there where I hit a button going from "film" to "GDC1000" but that is a minor add.
2. The analogue output from the 650 can go into a crossover device to match what I have in the 950. I get the 650 equalization to match the 950, and have some kind of analgoue audio switcher. Specifically the 950 output and 650 output both go into this magical switcher. The switcher's output then goes into my amps.
I wanted to get the boards thoughts on the best practice here and any products they would suggest.
I really don't want to run the digital audio to the 650, and I'm hoping to not have to get a datasat ap25 processor to solve this either.
Thanks in advance. I hope this is clear. Can't wait to show our first 35mm in my theater.
Brian
Row House Cinemas.
Comment