These seem fairly rare, but I've been tempted by a couple used units... to have in a personal kit.
What are the pros/cons? I assume less light because of more optical elements, and perhaps some sharpness loss compared to the prime by itself?
From photos ISCO at least seemed to make a couple variants...
I've seen two variations from ISCO: the "Ultra-Star HD Zoom Converter Lens 0.65 x S" and another as "Ultra-Star HD Zoom Converter 0.65 x L" with a slightly different design.
Is one for "short" lenses and the other for "long" lenses? What would be the compatibility range on primes? What is the zoom range gain with one of these? Does adding one primarily give you range in the smaller or larger direction?
Were they strictly compatible with primes from the same lens series (Ultra-Star HD?)
At my current venue we could utilize one to perhaps push our 90mm Ultra-Star HD primes used for 1.85 to 100-105mm for our 1.66 solution? But which model?
Were there "better" zoom lenses than the ISCO Ultra-Star HD offerings?
Ultra-Star HD "S" model:
Zoom S.png
Ultra-Star HD "L" Model:
Zoom L.png
Advice appreciated before I pull any triggers on personal stuff.
What are the pros/cons? I assume less light because of more optical elements, and perhaps some sharpness loss compared to the prime by itself?
From photos ISCO at least seemed to make a couple variants...
I've seen two variations from ISCO: the "Ultra-Star HD Zoom Converter Lens 0.65 x S" and another as "Ultra-Star HD Zoom Converter 0.65 x L" with a slightly different design.
Is one for "short" lenses and the other for "long" lenses? What would be the compatibility range on primes? What is the zoom range gain with one of these? Does adding one primarily give you range in the smaller or larger direction?
Were they strictly compatible with primes from the same lens series (Ultra-Star HD?)
At my current venue we could utilize one to perhaps push our 90mm Ultra-Star HD primes used for 1.85 to 100-105mm for our 1.66 solution? But which model?
Were there "better" zoom lenses than the ISCO Ultra-Star HD offerings?
Ultra-Star HD "S" model:
Zoom S.png
Ultra-Star HD "L" Model:
Zoom L.png
Advice appreciated before I pull any triggers on personal stuff.
Comment