DTS XD10 licenses

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Phil Housh
    Newbie
    • Mar 2026
    • 16
    • Boise, Idaho

    #1

    DTS XD10 licenses

    Hello all,
    As you know, I have a DTS XD10 that the hard drive failed. Stone cold dead. I have managed to reload software on a replacement hard drive. My burning question is since the old drive died, how can I install the licenses and where can I find them since Datasat no longer supports that legacy box? Or is there s unit doomed?

    Thanks,
    Phil Housh
    phoushp@netscape.net
  • Marco Giustini
    Film God
    • Jan 2020
    • 1169
    • Reading, UK

    #2
    The XD10 will reinstall with the basic "sound" license. If you don't need CSS (subtitles) then you're good. If you need CSS, then it might be a problem.

    Comment

    • Magnus Eriksson
      Film Handler
      • May 2020
      • 58
      • Hagersten, Stockholm, Sweden

      #3
      It is still possible to get CSS licenses for XD10/20. But it´s not that easy.
      Send me a PM.
      /M.E.

      Comment

      • David Ferguson
        Pro Film Handler
        • Jan 2020
        • 269
        • Edinburgh, UK

        #4
        That's interesting to know, is that from Datasat/ATI? The few people I knew there have now left - or at least their emails all bounce so I assume they were all let go...

        Comment

        • Magnus Eriksson
          Film Handler
          • May 2020
          • 58
          • Hagersten, Stockholm, Sweden

          #5
          I asked a specific person at ATI. He still has an old computer that can generate the license.
          /M.E.

          Comment

          • Magnus Eriksson
            Film Handler
            • May 2020
            • 58
            • Hagersten, Stockholm, Sweden

            #6
            From another thread. TS-1 built by Boston Light & Sound

            https://www.film-tech.com/vbb/forum/...cinemacon-2026

            Comment

            • Marco Giustini
              Film God
              • Jan 2020
              • 1169
              • Reading, UK

              #7
              this is interesting. I didn't think there was enough demand for designing a whole new device from scratch. I'd imagine building a "DTS" today is a piece of cake, a Raspberry Pi can probably do everything but it still requires some R&D.

              Comment

              Working...