Downhill

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Mike Croaro
    Film Handler
    • Jan 2020
    • 45
    • Belmont, CA

    #1

    Downhill

    Greetings, I have not yet seen this film, but I understand many people dislike it. Critics hate it and everyone is complaining that the movie was NOT funny. I myself never saw the film as a comedy. I understood it to be a slow paced drama. Does anyone know why so many people think that this film is a "laugh out lout comedy" ? ? Mike
  • Martin McCaffery
    Expert Film Handler
    • Jan 2020
    • 575
    • Montgomery, Alabama

    #2
    The trailer is very "lighthearted", and the official website calls it a "biting comedy." Throw in two leading stars who are known for broad comedy, and you've got some expectations to overcome.

    Comment

    • Mark Ogden
      Pro Film Handler
      • Jan 2020
      • 178
      • Little Falls, NJ

      #3
      This is a remake of the 2014 Swedish film Force Majeure, an uncomfortable but excellent movie that was very well-reviewed. Rent or stream that and ignore this one.

      Comment

      • Mike Croaro
        Film Handler
        • Jan 2020
        • 45
        • Belmont, CA

        #4
        Martin, I really don''t get why the official website would list this as a "biting comedy". It's really a drama. One or two light laughs do not count a film as a comedy. So in a way, the studio shoots itself in the foot by mislabeling the movie on their website and making a misleading trailer. Go figure.

        Comment

        • Martin McCaffery
          Expert Film Handler
          • Jan 2020
          • 575
          • Montgomery, Alabama

          #5
          There are many bloody feet in studio land;>

          Comment

          Working...