The Batman (2022)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Jon Dent
    Pro Film Handler
    • Jan 2021
    • 420
    • Thief River Falls, MN USA

    #1

    The Batman (2022)

    It's intense, relentless and dark (oh so very very dark).

    It's also long, a bit preachy, and wears it's inspirations a bit too clearly on it's sleeve( one sequence feels almost carbon copied out of Se7en).

    Overall though, there's some great action and stylish visuals here (but oh so very, very DARK). Acting is good across the board, with Colin Farrell and Paul Dano especially turning in great work. As the title character, Robert Pattinson is decent, but as other reviews have mentioned, his interpretation of Bruce Wayne feels a bit off. Once he's in the suit though, he does well for himself.

    Did I mention the movie was dark?
    Last edited by Jon Dent; 03-04-2022, 08:20 AM.
  • Marcel Birgelen
    Film God
    • Jan 2020
    • 3619
    • Maastricht, NL

    #2
    It's long, longer and longest (oh so very very long).

    And it's also dark.

    Did I mention the movie was long?

    PS: Don't sue me for copyright infringement, I've got a very very long lawyer.

    Comment

    • James Wyrembelski
      Pro Film Handler
      • Jan 2020
      • 200
      • Beaverton, Michigan

      #3
      Most people leave saying they enjoyed it overall.

      Many, many complaints on length. One just left because they were falling asleep.

      As people leave they just appear worn out barring the absolute fans which loved it, but the overall receptions seem favorable.

      Comment

      • Jon Dent
        Pro Film Handler
        • Jan 2021
        • 420
        • Thief River Falls, MN USA

        #4
        It'll numb your butt for sure, and it's pretty intense at times so yeah, people leaving exhausted makes sense.

        Comment

        • James Wyrembelski
          Pro Film Handler
          • Jan 2020
          • 200
          • Beaverton, Michigan

          #5
          I had 5 walk outs between two shows on Sunday. The most I've ever seen for any movie we've shown so far.

          The reviews are still positive everywhere so....

          Comment

          • Marcel Birgelen
            Film God
            • Jan 2020
            • 3619
            • Maastricht, NL

            #6
            Maybe, because the movie has a redundant ending, you can easily walk out an hour before the end and probably like it more than if you watched the whole thing.

            Comment

            • Jon Dent
              Pro Film Handler
              • Jan 2021
              • 420
              • Thief River Falls, MN USA

              #7
              All the stuff that happened after The Riddler was captured did seem a bit unnecessary given how long the movie already was. I did like his confrontation with Batman in Arkham Asylum though.

              Comment

              • Frank Cox
                Film God
                • Jan 2020
                • 2314
                • Melville Saskatchewan

                #8
                It's raining buckets and it's always late at night in Gotham City.

                Everyone saves lots of power too since there's nothing bigger than a five-watt bulb installed anywhere. In fact, everyone seems to carry a flashlight just so they can see where they're going in their own house.

                The car chase scene is worth the price of admission on its own, though. I can't remember the last time I saw such an exciting car chase but it's been a while.

                Since everything is so dark and damp and cold, it's amazing how often Bruce Wayne sits around in his house with his shirt off.

                It's ok overall, but it sure is long and it's really slow moving in parts, which seems unusual for a superhero movie.

                Comment

                • Frank Cox
                  Film God
                  • Jan 2020
                  • 2314
                  • Melville Saskatchewan

                  #9
                  I just remembered the last time I saw a cool car chase prior to this one in Batman. It was the chase in Nobody. Now that was a cool car chase with a great Pat Benatar soundtrack!

                  Comment

                  • Mike Blakesley
                    Film God
                    • Jan 2020
                    • 2021
                    • Forsyth MT

                    #10
                    In case anyone wants to know, the website mentioned for about 3 frames at the very end of the movie is rataalada.com -- it's the Riddler's site, and apparently has different content from day to day.

                    Comment

                    • Mark Gulbrandsen
                      Film God
                      • Jan 2020
                      • 3093
                      • Nashville, TN

                      #11
                      I get about as excited about Batman as I do having a pimple shot off my a$$ with a 50 caliber S&W!

                      Comment

                      • Samuel Newton
                        Newbie
                        • Jan 2020
                        • 3
                        • East Grand Forks, MN

                        #12
                        A little late to the party on this one but i was kind of let down by the film. The trailer made Batman seem angry, vengeful and more violent than previous renditions but after watching the movie he just seemed sad. Just a sad batman in his sad cave with his sad and smeared mascara. The movie itself was fine. It's just not at all what I was expecting.

                        Comment

                        Working...