The Sheep Detectives

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Frank Cox
    Film God
    • Jan 2020
    • 2314
    • Melville Saskatchewan

    #1

    The Sheep Detectives

    This movie is a real crowd pleaser. I've had more people come out after the shows and tell me what a great movie this is than in, well, a very long time.

    I really enjoyed it myself. It's not particularly loud or action packed. It's a nice story about a flock of sheep trying to determine who murdered their shepherd. And when they did the big reveal scene at the end, it really surprised me; I had no idea that the murderer was who it turned out to be.

    It has some really funny jokes and set-ups as well. The bumbling village policeman is a fantastic character.

    When the sheep walk past the village church they do a hilarious reflection on the nature of God: God is a shepherd but he's also a lamb; he's bread and people eat him every Sunday; and he damns people so he must be some kind of a giant beaver. It's an absolute hoot.

    Overall, it's a nice movie with a fun and funny story. Definitely among the better movies I've seen in quite some time.
  • Brandon Wood
    Film Handler
    • Mar 2024
    • 31
    • Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA

    #2
    Agreed! My wife really wanted to see it so I decided we would do a date night. I was expecting a few chuckles at best but I was pleasantly surprised how funny and heartwarming it was! A really fun movie!

    Comment

    • Mike Blakesley
      Film God
      • Jan 2020
      • 2021
      • Forsyth MT

      #3
      It's been a crowd pleaser here too. Word of mouth is really working on it -- we've had a ton of seniors and adults, where I was expecting a lot of kids. It's been about the opposite of what I was expecting and the crowd has gotten a little better every night, even into the weeknights. A real surprise.

      As for the movie itself -- it's very sweet and heartwarming, but with an edge. It reminded me a lot of "Babe" in many ways.

      Comment

      Working...