Silly signs around town (and now at my theatre)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Frank Cox
    Film God
    • Jan 2020
    • 2314
    • Melville Saskatchewan

    #1

    Silly signs around town (and now at my theatre)

    The chap who runs the hardware store started putting silly stuff on his sign a couple of weeks back. "I heard someone took a leek at the grocery store." "Someone stole a toilet, police have nothing to go on", and so forth. It sort of caught on and now there's a bunch of the stores that have put something silly on their sign or into their window.

    I just finished putting mine up:

    20210612_162755.jpg
    I guess I took the picture at the wrong time of day; there's sure a lot of glare in it.
  • Marcel Birgelen
    Film God
    • Jan 2020
    • 3619
    • Maastricht, NL

    #2
    Maybe you should offer a free matinee ticket or a free medium popcorn or something like that to everybody who managed to photograph all of them.

    Comment

    • Frank Cox
      Film God
      • Jan 2020
      • 2314
      • Melville Saskatchewan

      #3
      I see that about a third of the downtown businesses have a silly sign on their window or on a signboard today. The butcher shop says "Our steaks are bovine".

      The best one today is this one at the credit union:
      20210614_131914.jpg

      Comment

      • Leo Enticknap
        Film God
        • Jan 2020
        • 3572
        • Loma Linda, CA

        #4
        How about a promotion - a free movie ticket to see Hang 'em High if you buy that 500 feet of rope?

        Comment

        • Frank Cox
          Film God
          • Jan 2020
          • 2314
          • Melville Saskatchewan

          #5
          I talked to the town constable for a minute today (the dog catcher, parking ticket writer, messy yards person). She complimented me on my sign and said, "I wish they would let me put a sign on my truck."

          I said, "What would you say? Gone to the dogs?"

          "Heck no," she said. "Sleeping. Do not disturb!"

          Comment

          • Ed Gordon
            Pro Film Handler
            • Jan 2020
            • 365
            • Seattle, WA, USA

            #6
            quit-stealing-letter-funny-signs.jpg


            More punny signs here.

            Comment

            • Randy Stankey
              Film God
              • Jan 2020
              • 1388
              • Erie, PA, USA

              #7
              Originally posted by Frank Cox
              I see that about a third of the downtown businesses have a silly sign on their window or on a signboard today. The butcher shop says "Our steaks are bovine".
              When I was a kid, my father owned a steak restaurant. The slogan on the sign, outside, said,

              SKYWAY TAVERN
              You can't beat our meat!

              Yes! It really said that!
              No lie!

              Comment

              • Frank Cox
                Film God
                • Jan 2020
                • 2314
                • Melville Saskatchewan

                #8
                20210629_130159.jpg

                Comment

                • Scott Norwood
                  Pro Film Handler
                  • Jan 2020
                  • 216
                  • Boston, MA., USA

                  #9
                  I took this picture back around the turn of the century and I still find it funny. Looks like a great dead-end-job opportunity:

                  Attached Files

                  Comment

                  • Frank Cox
                    Film God
                    • Jan 2020
                    • 2314
                    • Melville Saskatchewan

                    #10
                    I see that the guys at the hardware store have put up a new one today. It took me a minute to figure this one out:

                    20210809_125825.jpg

                    Comment

                    Working...