Windows 7 Still Updating???

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Mark Gulbrandsen
    Film God
    • Jan 2020
    • 3093
    • Nashville, TN

    #1

    Windows 7 Still Updating???

    I just fired up my Windows 7 laptop for the first time in many months. Apparently it did an update in.the background while I was looking at other stuff. When I shut it down, it gave the usual "please wait, installing three updates" Computer seems the same as nothing has changed. I was really surprised to see it do this since it's been out of support since 2020,9 but it may have been a critical update of some sort. I would imagine there are still lots of Win 7 users out there...
  • Carsten Kurz
    Film God
    • Jan 2020
    • 1481
    • Germany

    #2
    Yes, occasionally you still get updates. Not too often, though.

    Comment

    • Mark Gulbrandsen
      Film God
      • Jan 2020
      • 3093
      • Nashville, TN

      #3
      Yea Carsten, I was very surprised, but I guess it's a good thing.

      Comment

      • Marcel Birgelen
        Film God
        • Jan 2020
        • 3619
        • Maastricht, NL

        #4
        You can still buy extended support for Windows 7, so there is still a team working on updates. The updates you see here are merely fixes for the worst security issues. Microsoft still puts them out there, to avoid your machine falling prey to some botnet.

        Comment

        • Mark Gulbrandsen
          Film God
          • Jan 2020
          • 3093
          • Nashville, TN

          #5
          I was not aware of the extended support either. Not that I need or want it but there are entities that no doubt do need that.

          Comment

          Working...