Taking pictures in front of the posters

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Frank Cox
    Film God
    • Jan 2020
    • 2314
    • Melville Saskatchewan

    #1

    Taking pictures in front of the posters

    I've got the Black Phone poster in my lobby.
    The-Black-Phone-Poster.-Credit-Universal.jpg
    One of the customers was standing his kids in front of the poster and telling them to "grin just like that" so he could take their picture.


    I noticed a few people on the street last night taking selfies in front of the Elvis poster too.

    I guess that's one thing we would lose if the movie companies stop printing paper posters.
  • Martin McCaffery
    Expert Film Handler
    • Jan 2020
    • 575
    • Montgomery, Alabama

    #2
    Had lots of people taking pix in front of "The Worst Person in the World" poster and/or marquee. I'm not sure many came into the movie, but that's another story.

    Comment

    • Barry Floyd
      Pro Film Handler
      • Jan 2020
      • 136
      • Lebanon, Tennessee

      #3
      We order the oversized "Bus Shelter" posters every chance we get just for that purpose. The bus shelter posters are huge, and make a great backdrop for photos. We have them mounted on plywood affixed to the wall. We staple the edges of the posters to the plywood with a staplegun, then cover the staples with black gaff tape as a border.

      Comment

      • Mark Strube
        Film Handler
        • Jan 2020
        • 33
        • Milwaukee, WI, USA

        #4
        Currently screening the original Star Wars trilogy at our repertory house. (Well, the ones Disney would license, which are the 2019 versions.) Tons of customers taking photos in front of the posters. Purchased 27x40 reprints of the original designs. Well worth the $16 each for the attention they get from passersby's.

        Comment

        • Jim Cassedy
          Film God
          • Jan 2020
          • 1450
          • San Francisco

          #5
          I've seen more people taking pix in front of our "Marcel The Shell" standee
          than any other I can recall from recent memory. The Spiderman standee
          we had around last Christmas was pretty popular too, but Marcel is beating
          him by a longshot in terms of standee selfies.
          There's something eerily attractive about that Black Phone poster. The
          boss let me take an extra one home. I haven't quite figured out where
          I want to hang it yet though.

          Comment

          Working...