Bootleg/pirate content links on social media

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Mike Blakesley
    Film God
    • Jan 2020
    • 2021
    • Forsyth MT

    #1

    Bootleg/pirate content links on social media

    There is a thread from Variety about the new Snow White movie on Facebook. One of the responses is below:


    Screenshot 2025-03-17 163559.jpg

    So I thought I would report it, you know, because it's illegal and all. (If it's even a real link to a real pirate site. I didn't click on it.)

    I click the "Report this post" button and all I get are ways to report threatening/violent posts and that kind of thing. No option for reporting "stolen" or "illegal" content. And, no place to type actual information as to what/why I'm reporting. So I gave up and just blocked that person, so at least I won't have to deal with them anymore.

    I'm glad FB is concerned about people posting innocent girls' nude picutures illicitly and all that, but there should be SOME way of reporting blatantly illegal activity.​
  • Ryan Gallagher
    Film God
    • Nov 2022
    • 2855
    • Austin, Texas, USA

    #2
    I would immediately assume some kind of phishing scam rather than an actual watchable piracy links. Hah. Do not click!

    Manually going to the TLD warmoviess.com does present a list of movie and tv posters. I dare not try to watch one though.

    WHOIS reports the domain contact address as being in Malang Indonesia.

    Comment

    Working...