2026 Deadbeats in the industry

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Richie May
    Film Handler
    • Jan 2020
    • 43
    • Floral Park, NY, USA

    #1

    2026 Deadbeats in the industry

    It's unfortunate that I need to start this topic again but.....

    Kieth Rodney from this site (AKA Keith Brouhard) made the list. I bought an Align-O-Tron from him in December and he never shipped it. He took my money and ran. Gave me all kinds of excuses for weeks and then never bothered to answer my emails after that.
  • Mark Gulbrandsen
    Film God
    • Jan 2020
    • 3093
    • Nashville, TN

    #2
    More Align-O-Trons is something Film-Tech should consider producing. They are not at all complicated to make and it could all be done via CNC. Not sure what ever happened to Greg, the guy that made those. I also had a Kinoton alignment jig and that would be equally easy to make, even easier if Kinoton still produces them..

    Comment

    • Walt Shires
      Film Handler
      • Feb 2024
      • 47
      • Austin, Texas

      #3
      Is this device just a lens barrel with a laser in the middle that sort of replaces the whole string idea?

      Comment

      • Tj Hopland
        Pro Film Handler
        • Jun 2025
        • 264
        • Minneapolis, MN

        #4
        Originally posted by Walt Shires
        Is this device just a lens barrel with a laser in the middle that sort of replaces the whole string idea?
        Yes that's what it was.

        https://www.film-tech.com/warehouse/...ALIGNOTRON.pdf

        Comment

        • Walt Shires
          Film Handler
          • Feb 2024
          • 47
          • Austin, Texas

          #5
          That looks like the kind of thing that is easy to model and 3D print. I have been having trouble getting the light even on my screen and have been wondering how to make it better. This seems like the next step after the whole string line up thing...

          Comment

          • Frank Angel
            Pro Film Handler
            • Jan 2020
            • 277
            • Brooklyn, NY

            #6
            Originally posted by Walt Shires
            I have been having trouble getting the light even on my screen and have been wondering how to make it better.
            Ah yes, how I wrestled with that lacking uniformity of light across the screen when I encountered my first xenon lamphouse -- two Orcon 1000s I believe they were, burning 4000Kw. I remember pining for that beautiful, big FAT plasma of my old carbon arc which without anything but a simple adjustment (by eyesight no less) , could fill the screen corner-to-corner so easily it was a pleasure. Even with an Align-O-Tron, I was never able to get the light out of our Orcon Xenon lamphouse quite as even and uniform as I wanted. I know, I know, it wasn't the best lamphouse on the market, but it was what I was stuck with and one that I sweated over every time I turned it on, trying to get a uniform light. I must say, getting my hands on an Align-O-Tron at least helped me get rid of hotspots which plagued the output of those beasts, and for that help I was grateful.

            Comment

            • Mike Blakesley
              Film God
              • Jan 2020
              • 2021
              • Forsyth MT

              #7
              I know there's not much hope, but could somebody please fix the damn spelling error in the headline???

              Comment

              Working...