No Ringling Bros Circus For SF, Oakland or San Jose CA On 2026 Tour Stops In CA

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Terry Monohan
    Pro Film Handler
    • Mar 2020
    • 325
    • San Francisco CA

    #1

    No Ringling Bros Circus For SF, Oakland or San Jose CA On 2026 Tour Stops In CA

    Seems the 'Feld Entertainment' people have cut back on their 2026 California bookings for 'The Greatast Show On Earth' Ringling Bros Barnam & Bailey Circus.

    We saw the new re vamped show in Oakland Ca when It returned in 2024. Liked It very much. They had no shows at all in 2025 now they are back on a limited run in 2026.

    I think the SF Bay Area is way to expensive to book with union fees and a ton of add on costs. They are only coming to Anaheim, Fresno & Sacramento CA this year.

    When they played at the Oakland Arena in 2024 the place was about 1/3 full. They did no local advertising that I saw. Most people thought they were out of business and did not even know they were in town.

    Looks like a few animals and clowns are back for the 2026 tour. With all the yearly animal right pickets over the years in the SF Bay Area they may have just skippd many California towns all together in 2026. I don't even see circus Ringling bookings in Portland or Seattle in 2026.

    I may have to take what I will call 'The Circus Train' and go up to Sacramento to watch the new 2026 circus arena show in September 2026. I feel sorry for young kids and families that live in the SF Bay Area as they will never see this great event with all It's color sound lights and circus entertainment. At one time Ringling Bros had two shows Red/Blue units that traveled in different parts of the USA now they are just down to one show and no more circus train.

    When I was a kid one of the best circus shows to come to Oakland Ca was the Shrine Polack Bros Circus out of Chicago that played to sold out crowds at the Oakland Auditourium near Lake Merrit, It had 3 rings and played at every big city in CA. It was better then the Ringling Bros I thought.
  • Harold Hallikainen
    Film God
    • Jan 2020
    • 1072
    • Tucson AZ

    #2
    For a trip on the "circus train," read the book Water For Elephants.

    Comment

    Working...