Projectionist Dreams/Nightmares

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Mark DeCew
    Newbie
    • Sep 2026
    • 4
    • Syracuse, New York, USA

    #1

    Projectionist Dreams/Nightmares

    I've been showing "The Odyssey" in 70mm for 51 days straight now and had my first projection nightmare of the run: The image on the screen looked out of focus during a show, but as I tried to adjust with the knob in front, what I saw through the port glass was a picture-in-picture which changed size and position no matter which way I turned it. Panic was setting in, as the auditorium was full and the movie far into the runtime. I knew even in my dream state that "this is impossible." Then I woke up alone in the hotel room, quite unsettled as I readied to leave for the 13 hour day ahead.
    Have you had dreams, either pleasant of frightening, involving your time as a projectionist?
  • Ryan Gallagher
    Film God
    • Nov 2022
    • 2855
    • Austin, Texas, USA

    #2
    Is this like the projectionists equivalent to it being claimed to be nearly impossible to read or write coherently within a dream?

    Focus knob just makes what should be impossible worse? Maybe someone threw one of those weird vintage adjustable anamorphics onto your dream projector?

    Comment

    Working...