I just was told that Oscar who was the senior engineer at Smart Devices passed away Monday from Covid Services apparently are Saturday
RIP Oscar Neundorfer
Collapse
X
-
Tags: None
-
-
I'm quite saddened to hear this. Oscar was awesome. I wonder what he could have brought to the industry if he wasn't at SMART. He seemed like he could make almost anything out of nothing and had a wonderful personality. There are a LOT of small-time theatres that wouldn't have been able to afford anything beyond low-end mono had it not been for Oscar and his designs.
Comment
-
The old (now closed) Carmike 8 theater in my town had Smart processors in six of the auditoriums. The two biggest houses, built for THX, had Dolby CP65 processors. But over the years all 8 theaters ended up with DTS systems. And IIRC they didn't have to change to Smart processors that were in the racks. I think they were Model V units. I'm guessing Oscar had something to do with that design.Comment
-
my deepest condolences to the family. I dealt with Oscar for decades, smart products were the underdogs, but Oscar was the driving force for innovation and relentlessly backing the products ! many a small town low budget theatre was blessed with good stereo sound at an affordable cost, and the products, yet simple, did a great job ! thats what competition in business is all about! I'm proud to say Oscar was my friend and I hope he is peaceful in the afterlife.Comment
Comment