Power failure five minutes before the show ended

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Frank Cox
    Film God
    • Jan 2020
    • 2314
    • Melville Saskatchewan

    #1

    Power failure five minutes before the show ended

    Literally. Five minutes before the show ended, the power went off.

    I've had power failures and whatnot before in the middle of the show but I don't think I've ever had one so close to the end.

    I usually just give everyone a refund if something like that happens, but tonight I didn't make the offer and nobody asked for one. If someone had demanded a refund I would have given it to him but nobody mentioned anything about it.

    Five stinkin' minutes!
  • Matt Smith
    Newbie
    • Jan 2020
    • 19
    • Milton Keynes, England

    #2
    What was the movie? Maybe the audience felt it was already over.

    Comment

    • Frank Cox
      Film God
      • Jan 2020
      • 2314
      • Melville Saskatchewan

      #3
      The last night for Crawdads. I just went into the auditorium and told everyone about finding the necklace after she died and everyone said, "Oooh" and that was about it.

      Comment

      • Carsten Kurz
        Film God
        • Jan 2020
        • 1481
        • Germany

        #4
        How long did the power outage last? Was that five minutes before the end credits, or five minutes before the playlist end?

        Comment

        • Frank Cox
          Film God
          • Jan 2020
          • 2314
          • Melville Saskatchewan

          #5
          The power came back on about 90 minutes later. I had just finished cleaning the auditorium by flashlight and got everything put away for the night and ... Lights on!

          It was a neat crowd of old ladies so there wasn't much clean-up to do anyway.

          And it was five minutes before the end credits would have started. If it had been during the credits then nobody would have cared.

          Comment

          • Jim Cassedy
            Film God
            • Jan 2020
            • 1450
            • San Francisco

            #6
            But were there 8min of credits?

            Comment

            • Marcel Birgelen
              Film God
              • Jan 2020
              • 3619
              • Maastricht, NL

              #7
              You should've read them the last pages of the book with some candlelight.

              Comment

              Working...