A chap from one of the local Indian bands phoned me this morning with an idea that's never come up before.
He asked if it would be possible for the band to pay me a few thousand dollars in advance, and then when someone from their band comes to the theatre they can just show their treaty card to verify that they're from that band and then I can just deduct whatever they would pay from the amount I'm holding "on account" here, and let him know when it runs out so he can bring another cheque.
They would rather do that than buy a bunch of my gift cards to hand out since people tend to lose their gift card; this way the whole thing is run from here and all they need is their treaty card.
I told him that I can do that and he says he'll bring a cheque sometime this week.
Thinking about it after the phone call, it occurs to me that I'll have to ask him if he wants to put any kind of a per-person limit on their concession purchases.
He asked if it would be possible for the band to pay me a few thousand dollars in advance, and then when someone from their band comes to the theatre they can just show their treaty card to verify that they're from that band and then I can just deduct whatever they would pay from the amount I'm holding "on account" here, and let him know when it runs out so he can bring another cheque.
They would rather do that than buy a bunch of my gift cards to hand out since people tend to lose their gift card; this way the whole thing is run from here and all they need is their treaty card.
I told him that I can do that and he says he'll bring a cheque sometime this week.
Thinking about it after the phone call, it occurs to me that I'll have to ask him if he wants to put any kind of a per-person limit on their concession purchases.

Comment