Deluxe "eCinema" delivery service is coming in December

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Mike Blakesley
    Film God
    • Jan 2020
    • 2021
    • Forsyth MT

    #166
    Most recently we got Where the Crawdads Sing and DC Super Pets on HD. I emailed Deluxe, they told me Crawdads was not distributed on broadband, and Pets was apparently sent on HD by mistake. So…. must be a booking or programming good?

    Comment

    • Jon Dent
      Pro Film Handler
      • Jan 2021
      • 420
      • Thief River Falls, MN USA

      #167
      If it's any other studio than Sony it was likely a booking goof. Like Deluxe said, Sony refuses to allow digital distribution for some reason, and Crawdads is theirs.

      Comment

      • Mike Blakesley
        Film God
        • Jan 2020
        • 2021
        • Forsyth MT

        #168
        Given Sony's history with all things online, I guess I'm not surprised.

        Comment

        • Frank Cox
          Film God
          • Jan 2020
          • 2314
          • Melville Saskatchewan

          #169
          I get Sony stuff (and everything else) via the Cinesend (Deluxe e-delivery) service.

          Just got Bullet Train earlier this week for tomorrow night's show.

          Haven't got Crawdads since I'm not playing it for a couple of weeks yet, but I'd be surprised if it shows up as a hard drive.

          I just checked and the last movies I got on hard drives were Resident Evil and Sing 2. So it's been a while.

          Comment

          • Jon Dent
            Pro Film Handler
            • Jan 2021
            • 420
            • Thief River Falls, MN USA

            #170
            Originally posted by Frank Cox
            I get Sony stuff (and everything else) via the Cinesend (Deluxe e-delivery) service.
            Now that's odd, unless they're allowing digital distribution outside of the US for some reason.

            Comment

            • Carsten Kurz
              Film God
              • Jan 2020
              • 1481
              • Germany

              #171
              Sony was the last studio to use electronic delivery in germany (Gofilex). Don't know for the rest of europe.

              Comment

              • Marcel Birgelen
                Film God
                • Jan 2020
                • 3619
                • Maastricht, NL

                #172
                Like Carsten indicated, they do so in Europe, but were reluctant to do so. I guess it's Sony being Sony. If it would depend entirely on them, we'd be receiving movies on some kind of weird optical format only a specialized Sony device can read. It would come with countless issues and once they're solved, they'd discontinue it.

                Comment

                • Jon Dent
                  Pro Film Handler
                  • Jan 2021
                  • 420
                  • Thief River Falls, MN USA

                  #173
                  Sony finally sees the light.....

                  Just got a digital upload of Lyle Lyle Crocodile.

                  Comment

                  • Mike Blakesley
                    Film God
                    • Jan 2020
                    • 2021
                    • Forsyth MT

                    #174
                    Now if they would just do the KDMs life would be good.

                    Comment

                    • Mike Blakesley
                      Film God
                      • Jan 2020
                      • 2021
                      • Forsyth MT

                      #175
                      So here we are a year later, we've got the Deluxe system in place and it's working fine, and NOW I get an e-mail from DCDC wanting to sign us up! And of course they dropped the price, so it's lower than what Deluxe is charging, but I'm wondering if it would be worth the fuss and bother to switch over. There is still the concern that the content might not stay on DCDC long enough if we play something off the break -- although that's getting to be less of a concern these days.

                      I'm not even sure how long the Deluxe contract is, does anyone know offhand? I know I have it around here somewhere but can't seem to lay my hands on it.

                      Comment

                      • Darin Steffl
                        Pro Film Handler
                        • Mar 2021
                        • 238
                        • Kasson, MN, USA

                        #176
                        What's the price difference? Deluxe is $25 per delivery for ecinema.

                        DCDC is a more complicated setup with a dish needing to be installed and coax run inside. I'm not saying it's hard but it's more work than just plugging a 1ru server into ethernet.

                        Comment

                        • Mike Blakesley
                          Film God
                          • Jan 2020
                          • 2021
                          • Forsyth MT

                          #177
                          What's the price difference? Deluxe is $25 per delivery for ecinema.
                          $16.67 per movie, is what they quoted me. Still no charge for the equipment.

                          It's kind of interesting in their brochure they show the rooftop installation of the "ballasted dish receiver" that can be removed without damaging the roof. It's basically a small dish antenna attached to a platform that is weighted down by 8 standard cinder blocks and the whole thing sits on a rubber mat. I'm not sure if that would hold up to some of the winds we get around here!
                          ​

                          Comment

                          • Jon Dent
                            Pro Film Handler
                            • Jan 2021
                            • 420
                            • Thief River Falls, MN USA

                            #178
                            Originally posted by Mike Blakesley
                            So here we are a year later, we've got the Deluxe system in place and it's working fine, and NOW I get an e-mail from DCDC wanting to sign us up! And of course they dropped the price, so it's lower than what Deluxe is charging, but I'm wondering if it would be worth the fuss and bother to switch over. There is still the concern that the content might not stay on DCDC long enough if we play something off the break -- although that's getting to be less of a concern these days.

                            I'm not even sure how long the Deluxe contract is, does anyone know offhand? I know I have it around here somewhere but can't seem to lay my hands on it.
                            They did the same thing to us. We got stonewalled when we approached them in 2021. Too late. Deluxe might be more expensive but I have faith in their infrastructure, and it's worked great so far.

                            Comment

                            Working...