For a compatibility test, I was about to download an older version of BARCOs ICMP firmware. However, using MyBarco->MyProducts, I can only see the current version (1.4.3.11). Even the version history is gone. Is this a browser or account issue? Can someone check this with his account? I remember that last time I had the option to download many earlier software versions. Now, even clicking on the release notes or version history entry, I always get the current software file.
Barco previous software versions - gone?
Collapse
X
-
Tags: None
-
-
I have a few, too, though not a complete set. Cinionic would likely give you a specific older version if you asked them for it, though.Comment
-
This is unfortunate because I have found that certain ICMP updates need to be done incrementally.Comment
-
I do have a few previous versions myself. I just found it strange that I was able to see a long list of previous versions a few weeks ago. One of them I downloaded then. Now, only the current version is offered.
Not a huge deal currently. I am just after analysing a potential DCP-o-matic compatibility issue with an older ICMP software version.
Maybe sometimes it is just not possible to go back to older versions. I notice there is a special mentioning of a CPLD and double ICMP update in one of the recent releases. Maybe that excludes going back to earlier versions.
I notice I can still download older versions of projector software. So it seems to be an ICMP(-X) specific issue, not a general policy.Last edited by Carsten Kurz; 02-02-2022, 11:22 AM.Comment
-
I still see the full version history of ICMP from 1.1.4.5 and all files are available for download (I've also checked with my colleague's account that has a reduced access than mine).Comment
-
Carston,
You should be able to find those in your "Vintage Relics" file on your computer. I just checked my file and I have NEC S2 firmware all the way back to when you had to update each section separately, some Barco relics, mostly Series 1 and some Christie Series 1 and 2 firmware.Comment
-
"I still see the full version history of ICMP from 1.1.4.5 and all files are available for download (I've also checked with my colleague's account that has a reduced access than mine)."
Where do you see these? I can't see them in "drivers and firmware" for the ICMP. Only v1.4.3.11 is there.Comment
-
Barco ICMP product page > Drivers&Software > ICMP Service Software Package for DC projectors > Version history
You do not have permission to view this gallery.
This gallery has 3 photos.Comment
-
Yup, it's back for me too. I checked this morning and there was nothing there. Maybe they were doing database maintenance.Comment
-
Yup, it's back. I had checked it again right when I started this thread, and it wasn't available.
Now it is.
I guess someone from Barco was reading this thread ;-)Comment
Comment