NC800C Lamps IS8LP4-E availability (where can I purchase them now)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • James Gardiner
    Expert Film Handler
    • Nov 2021
    • 500
    • Melbourne, Australia

    #1

    NC800C Lamps IS8LP4-E availability (where can I purchase them now)

    Have a friend cinema owner looking for lamps for NC800C projectors.
    The official source (NEC) in Australia has EOL, and no longer sells the good official lamps.
    So looking for any form of replacement that is not junk.

    Thanks
  • Steve Guttag
    Film God
    • Jan 2020
    • 3777
    • Annapolis, MD

    #2
    If I'm not mistaken, that was an Ushio lamp. If so, perhaps contacting Ushio or an Ushio distributor. If NEC no longer wants to supply, the lamp, perhaps, then the OEM handcuffs have come off.

    Comment

    • James Gardiner
      Expert Film Handler
      • Nov 2021
      • 500
      • Melbourne, Australia

      #3
      Apparently Ushio do not make these lamps anymore. So we are left with any cheap China versions. Does anyone know of a source? Anyone.. Anyone...
      There are still quite a few NC800C still running.. until the last of the lamps are gone anyway.

      Comment

      • Gordon McLeod
        Expert Film Handler
        • Jan 2020
        • 565
        • Toronto Ontario Canada

        #4
        I believe the actual lamp in the module is used in other things and used to be available and one could change the lamp in the module but aligning it would be difficult

        Comment

        Working...