Emulating HTTP request through TCP raw port communication?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Arnim Donath
    Newbie
    • Nov 2022
    • 1
    • Germany

    #16
    Hi Felix,
    I use for my Shelly Plus Devices
    Code:
    GET /relay/0?turn=on HTTP/1.1\r\n\r\n\W
    as Text Message send to a RAW Device with Port 80

    arnim

    Comment

    • Felix Unger
      Newbie
      • May 2022
      • 2
      • Berlin, germany

      #17
      Thanks Arnim,
      I was quite sure I already tried this, but ... now it woks!

      Comment

      • Pietro Clarici
        Newbie
        • Apr 2020
        • 24
        • Foligno, Italy

        #18
        Originally posted by Arnim Donath
        Hi Felix,
        I use for my Shelly Plus Devices
        Code:
        GET /relay/0?turn=on HTTP/1.1\r\n\r\n\W
        as Text Message send to a RAW Device with Port 80

        arnim
        Just wanted to confirm that this code works perfectly on Doremi DCP-2000 and ShowVault, I've been able to trigger all four relays on a Shelly Pro 4PM.
        You only need to input the relay number from 0 to 3, and choose between turn=on, turn=off or turn=toggle. Thanks a lot.

        Comment

        • Bruce Cloutier
          Pro Film Handler
          • Jan 2020
          • 429
          • Pittsburgh, PA USA

          #19
          So the issue with all of these things is that there is no confirmation that the action (relay turning on) actually happens. I suppose that the server wouldn't know what to do if the action failed. But it would be nice if something told you before a patron had to. Maybe just an entry in a log someplace which would let you discover the problem on your own and which might help debugging. But no. Even with the JNIOR we're asked to send the command but no one suggests that we find out if it actually happened (not to mention what to do then). There is a certain amount of faith I suppose.

          Comment

          Working...