Dolby/Doremi Legacy products cert expiration and year 2024 issue

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Ioannis Syrogiannis
    Pro Film Handler
    • Jan 2020
    • 286
    • Reykjavík, Iceland

    #46
    If I was you, I would then ask for the proper files that you can’t access. While I see your point, the support team is usually accommodating with necessary files and DLMs.

    Comment

    • James Gardiner
      Expert Film Handler
      • Nov 2021
      • 500
      • Melbourne, Australia

      #47
      I applied the NEC update (supplied by NEC) to a few IMS1000 equivalent systems. All went well apart from. I was supplied a large pkg that was supposed to deal with a large chunk of serial numbers for a certificate extension.
      It would error and the log page would be blank. I went to the dolby site certificate update dir on the fp site, looked up the serial and downloaded the certificate specifically for the serial number. it went in fine.

      James

      Comment

      • Yuri Mamaev
        Newbie
        • May 2021
        • 5
        • Moscow, Russia

        #48
        I’ve played a little bit with the update package, as I’ve on of the unsupported RevB boards with certupdate package available (had to modify it a little bit), and everything worked.
        For those people having Dolphin 1.0 - it could be an issue detecting, that you have 1.0 (there are two types of certupdate packages available). And the cert is only updated, as nobody will ever release mediablock private key update out of factory.

        Comment

        • Dave Macaulay
          Pro Film Handler
          • Jan 2020
          • 460
          • Toronto, Ontario, Canada

          #49
          There is an issue with the current software v2.8.52 that we've been installing in the cert extension process. Sometimes it won't run scheduled shows. Not on all servers, but many.
          There's a hotfix for this available from Dolby:
          dcp2000_ims2_sw_hotfix_accumulated_updates_2.8.52-1.0.0.pkg

          Comment

          • Steve Guttag
            Film God
            • Jan 2020
            • 3777
            • Annapolis, MD

            #50
            Hmmm...I haven't run into it but thanks Dave. I'll be sure to apply the hotfix! I just checked the FTP sites...it hasn't hit them yet.
            Last edited by Steve Guttag; 03-23-2023, 07:58 PM.

            Comment

            • Dave Macaulay
              Pro Film Handler
              • Jan 2020
              • 460
              • Toronto, Ontario, Canada

              #51
              Steve:

              They sent us a box link, I would post that but I think those tend to expire pretty quickly. Should be on ftp asap?

              Comment

              • Steve Guttag
                Film God
                • Jan 2020
                • 3777
                • Annapolis, MD

                #52
                My guess is that it hasn't made it fully through Beta yet. I would presume, if it as prevalent as you describe, it won't be long before it hits the FTP.

                Any idea if it affects one platform more than another (e.g. IMS2000 versus Showvault)?

                Comment

                • Dave Macaulay
                  Pro Film Handler
                  • Jan 2020
                  • 460
                  • Toronto, Ontario, Canada

                  #53
                  So far we haven't done an IMS and seen it, but both DCP and SV have been affected.
                  Also another issue: the maintenance overdue reminder pops up with maintenance logged within a year. Probably Dolby is waiting for any other issues to be reported before putting out a final hotfix?
                  This one was sent to us after we opened a case about the scheduling problem. Had to manually run shows for a few days at some sites.

                  Comment

                  • Steve Guttag
                    Film God
                    • Jan 2020
                    • 3777
                    • Annapolis, MD

                    #54
                    Hmmmm...I have one site with a DCP2K4...no reported issues and several sites with IMS2000s...not reported issues. I have a site with SV/IMBs but it doesn't open for several weeks, so I can't say if it is missing schedules, yet.

                    Comment

                    • Matthew Philp
                      Newbie
                      • Apr 2020
                      • 1
                      • Cornwall, England

                      #55
                      We had the issue on three servers, clearing the existing schedules and remaking them sorted it on two out of three but one still had occasional issues. The hot-fix was applied on Friday (not my first choice to do it just before the weekend, but sometimes needs must) and touch-wood the issue hasnt occured since.

                      Comment

                      • Carsten Kurz
                        Film God
                        • Jan 2020
                        • 1481
                        • Germany

                        #56
                        Looks as if the (some?) DLMs to install the cert extension firmware/software update expire already on June 1st 23. Any idea why this is so? Will Dolby want to issue a new round of DLMs in order to get some feedback about installation success/statistics?

                        Comment

                        • Leo Enticknap
                          Film God
                          • Jan 2020
                          • 3572
                          • Loma Linda, CA

                          #57
                          I'm slowly going through affected servers and updating them. But apart from our service contract customers (now all done), this is happening as and when I do a service call for another reason: I am proactively offering to install the updates and extension patch while I'm there, simply to minimize the deluge of calls and emails that will likely happen on January 1 next year, when owners of pre-IMS3000 DolReMis suddenly discover that they can't play movies anymore. But even taking this approach, I still fear that there are going to be dozens.

                          Comment

                          • Carsten Kurz
                            Film God
                            • Jan 2020
                            • 1481
                            • Germany

                            #58
                            Deluxe et al. should issue repeated warnings to those who receive KDMs for affected servers. They know which will be affected and can keep communication restricted to those who should be concerned.
                            Also to protect themselves from hotline congestion on January 1st 2024.

                            Comment

                            • Steve Guttag
                              Film God
                              • Jan 2020
                              • 3777
                              • Annapolis, MD

                              #59
                              Of the sites we support, all affected servers have been updated and without incident.

                              Comment

                              • Carsten Kurz
                                Film God
                                • Jan 2020
                                • 1481
                                • Germany

                                #60
                                Again - why would the DLM license file for the necessary security manager update PKG expire already June 1st - three weeks from now?

                                <LicenseNotValidBefore>2023-02-21T22:51:02+00:00</LicenseNotValidBefore>
                                <LicenseNotValidAfter>2023-06-01T00:00:00+00:00</LicenseNotValidAfter>​

                                ( I just guess that Dolby will put new DLMs onto their ftp once they expired, but - why?)


                                There are a few instructional videos available now as well:


                                hhttps://vimeo.com/798801637
                                Last edited by Carsten Kurz; 05-07-2023, 07:07 PM.

                                Comment

                                Working...