Christie CP2215 error when reopening after 1.5 month due to covid

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Sean McKinnon
    Pro Film Handler
    • Jan 2020
    • 269
    • Boston (Peabody), Ma

    #16
    Is it possible you missed a breaker? I am curious though how the TPC is powered if the LVPS is bad.

    Comment

    • Elia Orselli
      Pro Film Handler
      • Jan 2020
      • 273
      • Imola, Bologna, Italy

      #17
      TCP is powered by 24V standby supply, not from LVPS. LVPS powers on backplane (and boards) and EVB (fans, motors..)

      Comment

      • Marcel Birgelen
        Film God
        • Jan 2020
        • 3619
        • Maastricht, NL

        #18
        Yep, the TPC is indeed powered by the Standby PSU, because if I remember correctly, it is the TPC who eventually sends the POWER ON to the LVDS... I had a schematic of how stuff is powered on those machines once, because LVDS related faults were the most common, but I can't find it right now. It was a pretty public thing and provided to me by Christie.

        Comment

        • Mark Gulbrandsen
          Film God
          • Jan 2020
          • 3093
          • Nashville, TN

          #19
          Elia is correct. It's powered from the 24 volts. If it was not you would not have control over the projector....

          Comment

          • Sean McKinnon
            Pro Film Handler
            • Jan 2020
            • 269
            • Boston (Peabody), Ma

            #20
            Of course you are all correct, but the standby PSU still takes its inlet power from the same 100-240volt power input so if the TPC is running the projector is likely getting power.

            Comment

            Working...