Can I ingest KDMs from networked computer?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Eric Wood
    Newbie
    • Nov 2022
    • 13
    • Los Angeles, CA, USA

    #1

    Can I ingest KDMs from networked computer?

    Sorry for the beginner question. DCP is a small part of what we do and we're slowly getting more knowledgeable. Currently we're putting KDMs on a thumb drive and plugging it in to our GDC SR-1000 to ingest. If I have my windows machine i use to control the server connected to the server via a switch, can I ingest KDMs from the computer's HD?
  • Frank Cox
    Film God
    • Jan 2020
    • 2314
    • Melville Saskatchewan

    #2
    I don't see why not. You would have to set up a ftp server on the Windows computer and then tell the GDC to use the Windows computer as a source on the ingest page.

    Comment

    • Steve Guttag
      Film God
      • Jan 2020
      • 3777
      • Annapolis, MD

      #3
      For just KDMs...no problem...go to Content>KDM and then in the lower-right corner, you'll see an "Upload" button. You can upload a maximum of 30 at a time.

      Comment

      • Harold Hallikainen
        Film God
        • Jan 2020
        • 1073
        • Tucson AZ

        #4
        I've always thought Theater Key Retrieval ( https://files.isdcf.com/papers/ISDCF...al-TKR-v03.pdf ) would be a nice automated system for KDM delivery and ingest.

        Comment

        • Leo Enticknap
          Film God
          • Jan 2020
          • 3572
          • Loma Linda, CA

          #5
          For servers that don't have this upload feature, you can use the built in FTP Server within Windows (configurable via IIS Manager), and then define the PC as a remote ingest source in the IMS. Simply save the KDM files in the folder that the FTP server points to, and the server will see them to ingest.

          Comment

          • Steve Guttag
            Film God
            • Jan 2020
            • 3777
            • Annapolis, MD

            #6
            The same is true for locally made Ads. If you give your TMS (or SMS) an FTP folder to point to, it will save a lot of "sneaker net" and thumb drive (with extra time wasted transferring same). I believe Leo has posted, elsewhere how to configure IIS Manager in Windows.

            Comment

            • Marcel Birgelen
              Film God
              • Jan 2020
              • 3619
              • Maastricht, NL

              #7
              Originally posted by Harold Hallikainen
              I've always thought Theater Key Retrieval ( https://files.isdcf.com/papers/ISDCF...al-TKR-v03.pdf ) would be a nice automated system for KDM delivery and ingest.
              Interesting to see that 5 years later since the last time I've checked that, the thing still is stuck at version 0.3.

              Comment

              • Jon Dent
                Pro Film Handler
                • Jan 2021
                • 420
                • Thief River Falls, MN USA

                #8
                We do it all the time. We also do the same with our ad reels like Steve mentioned.

                Comment

                • Pete Samphas
                  Newbie
                  • Aug 2023
                  • 2
                  • Thailand

                  #9


                  please see in photo image.png​

                  Comment

                  Working...