Hi everyone,
I have recently completed the main feature set for the new FREE KdmGen section of D-Cine.net, and I’m now looking for people in the cinema and digital-cinema industries to help test it:
The tools currently include:
The section is now feature complete, but real-world testing is the important next step. I would particularly appreciate feedback from cinema operators, projection and technical staff, distributors, post-production facilities, festivals and anyone who regularly works with DCPs and KDMs.
I’m interested in hearing about:
Please feel free to try the tools and report anything confusing, unreliable or incomplete. Test data is welcome, but please avoid uploading commercially sensitive material unless you are authorised to do so.
Feedback can be sent to support@d-cine.net, or posted as a reply here.
Thanks,
James Gardiner
P.S. Thats to DCP-O-Matic as its KDM generator is based on its tools.
I have recently completed the main feature set for the new FREE KdmGen section of D-Cine.net, and I’m now looking for people in the cinema and digital-cinema industries to help test it:
The tools currently include:
- Searching and downloading registered DCI player certificates
- Inspecting certificates, KDMs, CPLs and related documents
- Registering encrypted DCPs/CPLs and their DKDMs
- Generating player-specific KDMs
- Creating quick, ad hoc KDMs or managed cinema bookings
- Selecting target equipment directly or through OpenTDL facilities
- Managing cinema facilities, auditoriums and playback devices through OpenTDL
- Tracking KDM generation and email delivery
The section is now feature complete, but real-world testing is the important next step. I would particularly appreciate feedback from cinema operators, projection and technical staff, distributors, post-production facilities, festivals and anyone who regularly works with DCPs and KDMs.
I’m interested in hearing about:
- Workflow or usability problems
- Certificate or DKDM compatibility issues
- Incorrectly interpreted metadata
- Problems generating or delivering KDMs
- Missing cinema equipment or inaccurate OpenTDL information
- Features that would make the tools more useful in day-to-day exhibition work
Please feel free to try the tools and report anything confusing, unreliable or incomplete. Test data is welcome, but please avoid uploading commercially sensitive material unless you are authorised to do so.
Feedback can be sent to support@d-cine.net, or posted as a reply here.
Thanks,
James Gardiner
P.S. Thats to DCP-O-Matic as its KDM generator is based on its tools.