The question remains as to what combination of unbelievable circumstances has to occur for a 3V primary lithium coin cell to remain above 3V while being in service for 23 years. Those cells have a very flat discharge curve and remain at 3V for a very long time and until they don't. At which point they fall off fairly quickly. So you have very little warning if you are measuring voltage watching for impending doom. The rated "shelf life" of 10 years doesn't mean that you get 10 years in service. If I had to guess I suspect that we are seeing 6 to 8 years on average in the Series 4. Of course, that battery is replaceable and there is no permanent destruction that occurs while the battery is out.
Obviously 23 years is possible. That is 3 or more times what I would say was the average. Pretty amazing.
But I don't think it is tapping the vacuum energy.
Obviously 23 years is possible. That is 3 or more times what I would say was the average. Pretty amazing.
But I don't think it is tapping the vacuum energy.
Comment