70 mm Tenet

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Allan Young
    Pro Film Handler
    • Jan 2020
    • 114
    • Surrey, UK

    #16
    Originally posted by Marcel Birgelen
    In all honesty, I think it started out as an error in the dialog part of the script, but was left in there on purpose, because of the potential controversy. The scene itself would've been "relatively easy" to re-shoot at the time (at least if they caught the error on-time).
    Kubrick was a bit of a chess expert wasn't he? With his legendary perfectionism it seems unlikely he'd not have spotted the error.

    Comment

    • Marcel Birgelen
      Film God
      • Jan 2020
      • 3619
      • Maastricht, NL

      #17
      I'm pretty sure he spotted it. But the question remains:
      • Was it written like this and is this incorrectly classified as goof on e.g. IMDB?
      • Did it happen by accident and did they decide it wasn't worth replacing it? Not very Kubrick-y, but even he had to work with some given constrains.
      • Did it happen by accident and did he decide to leave it in, because it would serve the purpose of showing how HAL was testing Dave for the very cautious viewers?

      Comment

      • Kenneth Wuepper
        Pro Film Handler
        • Jan 2020
        • 145
        • Saginaw Michigan USA

        #18
        Or did they leave it in to make sure that the film would be discussed at length decades after it was released?

        Comment

        • Marcel Birgelen
          Film God
          • Jan 2020
          • 3619
          • Maastricht, NL

          #19
          I guess you found the best answer.

          Nevertheless, I think those things are pretty intriguing and it would exactly be those kind of things I would want to ask, if I'd one more chance to ask Kubrick.

          Comment

          • David J Hilsgen
            Newbie
            • Jan 2020
            • 20
            • Sauk Rapids.mn

            #20
            Emagine Willow Creek in Plymouth Minnesota coming up on it's 6th week of Tenet in 70

            Comment

            • Sean McKinnon
              Pro Film Handler
              • Jan 2020
              • 269
              • Boston (Peabody), Ma

              #21
              That's awesome David!

              Comment

              • Mark Gulbrandsen
                Film God
                • Jan 2020
                • 3093
                • Nashville, TN

                #22
                Emagine Willow Creek in Plymouth Minnesota coming up on it's 6th week of Tenet in 70
                Whats your average attendance been??

                Comment

                • David J Hilsgen
                  Newbie
                  • Jan 2020
                  • 20
                  • Sauk Rapids.mn

                  #23
                  Mark it's been about 190 a week if you average the last five weeks ,we're going to go into week 7 ,it's in a 100 seat auditorium and now you can only put 45 in there with the restrictions ,it used to be the big house back in the day before luxury seats and stadium then it held 340 this used to be a Cineplex odeon when it opened in 1989 and I've been here ever since

                  Comment

                  • David J Hilsgen
                    Newbie
                    • Jan 2020
                    • 20
                    • Sauk Rapids.mn

                    #24
                    After a 7-week run we are going to end on Thursday night October 15th on tenet in 70 at Emagine Willow Creek Plymouth ,Minnesota .I think we had the longest run in the country not sure on it

                    Comment

                    Working...