Schematics of Kintek KT-21 mono optical Sound Processor

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Renato Bulhoes
    Newbie
    • Mar 2020
    • 22
    • Rio de janeiro, RJ, Brazil

    #1

    Schematics of Kintek KT-21 mono optical Sound Processor

    Hi guys. I would like to get the schematics of Kintek KT-21 mono optical Sound Processor ('expander') and the manual/schematics of Kintek KT-43A single projector exciter lamp power supply. I've got the KT-21 manual on Film-Tech Warehouse but the circuitry schematics scan is to blurred sadly. Thanks a lot friends !
  • Mark Gulbrandsen
    Film God
    • Jan 2020
    • 3093
    • Nashville, TN

    #2
    All I can tell you is.... "Run, Its A Kintek! Worst crap ever produced for the cinema. You should look for something better like a Radio Shack amplifier with a mic input.

    Comment

    • Renato Bulhoes
      Newbie
      • Mar 2020
      • 22
      • Rio de janeiro, RJ, Brazil

      #3
      Hi Mark. Thank you for the tip. I've read some discussions about Kintek on previous Film-Handler's forum. I'd like to study its circuitry and making comparisons. Nice to talk to you again.

      Comment

      • Gordon McLeod
        Expert Film Handler
        • Jan 2020
        • 565
        • Toronto Ontario Canada

        #4
        The original Kintek was cleaver and it actually does improve the quality of mono films dramatically. It also had the first solar cell preamp that was a virtual ground current amplifier The KT 800 and like were crap

        Comment

        • Renato Bulhoes
          Newbie
          • Mar 2020
          • 22
          • Rio de janeiro, RJ, Brazil

          #5
          Yes Gordon. Touché ! I want to know better only the former Kintek line like you have pointed: KT-21, KT-41 preamp ( = yours mention ? ), KT-22, KT-24, KT-43A and not subsequent lines. I like unusual stuff such as expander, harmonic exciter, stereo simulation, homemade processors,... so the most analog possible ! I need the circuitry design/specs of KT-21. Cheers !

          Comment

          • Renato Bulhoes
            Newbie
            • Mar 2020
            • 22
            • Rio de janeiro, RJ, Brazil

            #6
            I forgot: I need the Kintek KT-26 manual too. Thanks.

            Comment

            • Marin Zorica
              Pro Film Handler
              • Feb 2020
              • 150
              • Croatia

              #7
              That preamp is indeed interested. I did study it a some time ago while i was producing and desing optical preamps, amps and other accesories for smaller cinemas which could not get dolby processors. Cannot tell for other li tek equipment, but i recall schematic from wars puse was quite readable.

              Comment

              • Renato Bulhoes
                Newbie
                • Mar 2020
                • 22
                • Rio de janeiro, RJ, Brazil

                #8
                Hello Marin. I agree. Well the KT-41 (pre amp) schematics is readable. But I'd like just a better KT-21 (mono processor) schematics and even the full manuals of KT-26 (SVA stereo) and KT-43A (exciter pw supply).

                Comment

                • Helmut Maripuu
                  Newbie
                  • Jan 2020
                  • 25
                  • Västerås Sweden

                  #9

                  This one sounds perfectly ok in my movie theater. Electroniches https://www.harz-ferienhaus-mohnblume.de/kinotechnik/

                  Comment

                  • Renato Bulhoes
                    Newbie
                    • Mar 2020
                    • 22
                    • Rio de janeiro, RJ, Brazil

                    #10
                    Thanks Helmut. That site is brilliant. I don't understand German but I used Google translator. Yesterday I downloaded a bunch of German mp3 dialogues and books of the Foreign Service Institute (from USA). I even bought some books for learning your language. Well I'm reading your site just now.

                    Comment

                    Working...