DTS Photodiode

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Alan Lyman
    Newbie
    • Jan 2020
    • 25
    • Denmark

    #1

    DTS Photodiode

    Does anybody know,what Photodiode DTS uses in their TCRH.
    I have broken one.

    on the back it says S04552,but not sure its a model number.nothing comes up in google.

    Alan
    Attached Files
  • Gordon McLeod
    Expert Film Handler
    • Jan 2020
    • 565
    • Toronto Ontario Canada

    #2
    It is discontinued I got them from surplus places They are not very specific and if one modifies the gain of the circuit we had good luck years ago with ones that are surplus

    Comment

    • Mark Gulbrandsen
      Film God
      • Jan 2020
      • 3093
      • Nashville, TN

      #3
      I never had one fail, and out of close to 250 units in the field. I had plenty of LED's to replace because as they fade they go out of range, even for the gain adjust. I'd recommend that you contact DTS as they are still in Business.

      Comment

      • Gordon McLeod
        Expert Film Handler
        • Jan 2020
        • 565
        • Toronto Ontario Canada

        #4
        I had to replace lots of them over the years they lost their sensitivity with age

        Comment

        • Alan Lyman
          Newbie
          • Jan 2020
          • 25
          • Denmark

          #5
          OK thenks

          I will try with another one.almost as similar.

          I have also many years ago had a few which like this one,dropped dead.At that time we had them repaird at DTS.

          Alan

          Comment

          • Tony Bandiera Jr
            Expert Film Handler
            • Jan 2020
            • 720
            • Moreland, Idaho

            #6
            Alan, try this one:

            https://www.digikey.com/en/products/...3910PM/8544293

            It should work, it might be a higher profile so you may have to adjust the reader's focus to get it to read properly. They are about $6 each so worth a try.

            I found it through this company (which was first in Google Search).

            Marktech Optoelectronics offers cutting-edge silicon photodetectors that excel in precise detection of light ranging in wavelength from 250nm to 1100nm. This UV to visible to near infrared (NIR) detection ability makes our silicon photodiodes (SiPDs) a perfect fit for a wide range of applications such as medical diagnostics, aerospace and defense, chemical analysis, photoelectric sensing, […]


            As a note, for all who read this: When doing a search for specific part, if it comes up blank try a search for a GENERIC type of the same part. My search for just the S04552 also came up blank, BUT adding in "Photodiode" got the results.

            It will save you aggravation and has, so far, rarely failed me. I have been able to find replacements for almost everything with this method.

            Comment

            Working...