I made a promotional slide for this:
70mm Oppenheimer
Collapse
X
-
-
70mm features for the week leading up to OPPENHEIMER continue to arrive.
I'm running out of booth-space to stash them all.
70mmBoothRls.jpg
These also just arrived, & I need to get then outta the hallway!
(and there's still 9 more cases to come when O-HEIMER gets here)
70mmHallReels.jpg
Comment
-
-
So far, "Lifeforce", "The Last Boy Scout" & "Tenet" I think I'm expecting one more
, in addition to OPPENHEIMER. "Lifeforce" & "Last BS" are original release prints,
with magnetic sound tracks.
I've been telling my friends: "If you want to see films in France, go to Cannes ~
but if you want to see films in cans, come here"
Comment
-
Of all theaters in the Denver area, I can't believe the AMC Westminster 24 still has their 70mm projector as they're showing Oppenheimer n the format.
Surprisingly enough, some people must actually know as the house is actually pretty well presold (as is the laser IMAX digital screen.)Comment
-
I read in the news a couple days ago that people were getting up and walking out because some of it is way too intense and or chilling for them to watch...Comment
-
Preview screenings? Are there people who don't know how it ended? It wouldn't surprise me considering how little history most people know. Having said that, there have been very well done films where we know the ending and they were still able to create incredible tension and drama. One great example was "All The President's Men".Comment
-
I highly recommend reading the book "The Making Of The Atomic Bomb", which won a pulitzer prize, before you see the movie. There is no way that Nolan could cram all the actual players into this movie. People pursuing splitting the atom goes back to the early 1920's. There is also "The Atomic Bomb Movie" as well which has been recently up-rezed to 4K. But it's a mesmerizing film with interviews of many of the now deceased physicists who worked on the project, and the still living physicists.
Preview screenings? Are there people who don't know how it ended? It wouldn't surprise me considering how little history most people know. Having said that, there have been very well done films where we know the ending and they were still able to create incredible tension and drama. One great example was "All The President's Men".
As far as people knowing the actual history goes, I graduated HS in 1972 and it was only a mention in an educational film we saw in history class back then. Schools today are almost worthless...Comment
-
Will you get Tron? I really want to see that film in 5/70.70mm features for the week leading up to OPPENHEIMER continue to arrive.
I'm running out of booth-space to stash them all.
70mmBoothRls.jpg
These also just arrived, & I need to get then outta the hallway!
(and there's still 9 more cases to come when O-HEIMER gets here)
70mmHallReels.jpgComment
-
Right now, 'TRON' isn't on my "list" - - but believe it or not, I'm often the last person to know about
these things. Sometimes the customers seem to find out about our advanced schedule before I do.
I did just learn that they're planning another round of 70mm screenings in September, after I get back
from The Telluride FIlm Festival. (assuming I still have a job. There are currently some labor issues
going on within the company I work for that may result in the replacement of all current projectionists.
The issue is now in the hands of lawyers at the moment, so beyond that I can't say anything more)Comment
-
Comment
-
Comment
-
What theater is playing all these 70 runs?
Right now, 'TRON' isn't on my "list" - - but believe it or not, I'm often the last person to know about
these things. Sometimes the customers seem to find out about our advanced schedule before I do.
I did just learn that they're planning another round of 70mm screenings in September, after I get back
from The Telluride FIlm Festival. (assuming I still have a job. There are currently some labor issues
going on within the company I work for that may result in the replacement of all current projectionists.
The issue is now in the hands of lawyers at the moment, so beyond that I can't say anything more)Comment
-
These are all at the New Mission Theater in San Francisco
NuMishAtNight.jpg
[Photos By Jim C]
NuMishVistaVsn_1.jpgComment
-
How many of these theaters showing Oppenheimer have curtains yet, I still have mine and in working condition at Willow Creek in Plymouth Minnesota just use them on special occasions this used to be a old Cineplex odeon house which I've worked at since 1989 when it opened went through a lot of different ownership changes .
also does anybody know when the prints are getting shippedComment
Comment