BACP digital penthouse readers (DSTR-20)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Tim Androes
    Film Handler
    • Jan 2020
    • 31
    • Seattle, WA, USA

    #1

    BACP digital penthouse readers (DSTR-20)

    I have several of these that i want to sell. They have been on the shelf for about five years. I do not have easy access to a way of testing them but when they went on the shelf they were functional. Is there any thing I need to worry about (i.e. old CP200 power supplies where the caps are dead)? Thanks for any help you can give me.
  • Sean McKinnon
    Pro Film Handler
    • Jan 2020
    • 269
    • Boston (Peabody), Ma

    #2
    Really the only issue would be if the LED's were old and not able to achieve the right video level.

    Comment

    • Sam Chavez
      Pro Film Handler
      • Jan 2020
      • 305
      • Martinez, CA

      #3
      The DSTR 20 has a video presence light on the front side cover. Power comes from a DA20, CP500, or 650 via the video cable. The presence light goes green at 2 Volts minimum video level and red below 2 Volts. With no film in the reader it should be easy to tell if the light will go green as in a good LED. Now, there is no magic to 2 Volts, just a reference point. I've had systems with a Kelmar basement reader that worked fine all the way to .5 Volts. I only ever changed it because the "analog" LED would not make Dolby level with Cat. No. 69 test film.

      Comment

      • Tim Androes
        Film Handler
        • Jan 2020
        • 31
        • Seattle, WA, USA

        #4
        Sean...Sam...thanks for the responses...what i was hoping to hear...now I guess i have to dig out my DA-20 and test these.

        Comment

        Working...