Bell & Howell 185 16mm projector speed

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Osvaldo Flores
    Film Handler
    • Dec 2022
    • 40
    • Florida

    #31
    Hi,
    Yesterday I replaced the 2X.5uf 600V cap for two .5uf 1200V and the projector is running now at a correct speed and not arcing at all. I kept it running projecting different films, not presenting symptoms of irregular speed. I seem to have found the solution to the problem...
    Thanks to everyone who helped me in the process.

    Comment

    • Tony Bandiera Jr
      Expert Film Handler
      • Jan 2020
      • 720
      • Moreland, Idaho

      #32
      Glad to hear it, and thanks for following up with an update. Hope you also enjoyed the entertainment in the meantime.

      Comment

      • Osvaldo Flores
        Film Handler
        • Dec 2022
        • 40
        • Florida

        #33
        Thanks Tony,
        have a great day

        Comment

        • John Eickhof
          Pro Film Handler
          • Jun 2020
          • 417
          • wendell, idaho

          #34
          that's great news! so i guess you don't need that pair of caps i have ??

          Comment

          • Osvaldo Flores
            Film Handler
            • Dec 2022
            • 40
            • Florida

            #35
            Hi John,
            I found the ones I need in one of my many boxes of loss and found things. I'm not going to need your capacitors, but thanks for offering them
            Have a great one and thanks again
            Osvaldo

            Comment

            • John Eickhof
              Pro Film Handler
              • Jun 2020
              • 417
              • wendell, idaho

              #36
              i'm sure glad the motor is ok, it looks like it is unique to the 179 and 185 models only! thank goodness for junk-boxes!

              Comment

              • Osvaldo Flores
                Film Handler
                • Dec 2022
                • 40
                • Florida

                #37
                Yes, so glad motor is ok...Junk boxes are the savers!...and not throwing away anything is the key

                Comment

                • John Eickhof
                  Pro Film Handler
                  • Jun 2020
                  • 417
                  • wendell, idaho

                  #38
                  you should visit sometime! ive been collecting since i was a kid...over 60+ years! ( 50 years or so of motion picture stuff included! ) i can't imagine throwing anything away!

                  Comment

                  • Mark Gulbrandsen
                    Film God
                    • Jan 2020
                    • 3093
                    • Nashville, TN

                    #39
                    Originally posted by John Eickhof
                    i can't imagine throwing anything away!
                    I can vouch for that!!

                    Comment

                    Working...