SDDS R3000 alignment manual

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Marco Giustini
    Film God
    • Jan 2020
    • 1168
    • Reading, UK

    #1

    SDDS R3000 alignment manual

    Hello there

    I'm looking for a document that details the mechanical/optical alignment procedure of an SDDS R3000 reader. My SDDS system works well at the moment but it may need adjustment at some point and I'm curious about the procedure anyway.

    The "quick start" manual mentions an "installation manual" which I was unable to find - I'm not sure whether that is the manual I am looking for.

    Thanks!
  • Stefan Scholz
    Pro Film Handler
    • Jan 2020
    • 298
    • Berlin Germany

    #2
    I still have all factory documents from my time with SCPC. The BUT, luckily on paper, otherwise they would be lost. And they're not in my home.
    I can try to locate them, and none is faster, make it accessible.

    St

    Comment

    • Marco Giustini
      Film God
      • Jan 2020
      • 1168
      • Reading, UK

      #3
      Hi Stefan,

      Anything helps, thanks. There is a wealthy selection of manuals here on Film-Tech so make sure you are not scanning one which is already available on this website!

      Comment

      • Mark Gulbrandsen
        Film God
        • Jan 2020
        • 3093
        • Nashville, TN

        #4
        It's not that much different from aligning an SRD Reader. Your bigger problem is going to be worn out lateral guide rollers, sprockets and faded LED's. Be sure the C mount lenses in the 2000 readers are clean! Oh, and what piece of film is going to be your reference alignment film??

        Comment

        • Marco Giustini
          Film God
          • Jan 2020
          • 1168
          • Reading, UK

          #5
          Mark,

          I can imagine it must be a similar process but I would need some documentation! My soundhead seems to be in good condition to be honest (it's a 3000 BTW).
          My reference alignment film is going to be... any SDDS print I have. In fact I do not have much SDDS unfortunately. I am not aiming to make the perfect head, I just would like to know how to do the alignment for personal knowledge and also in case the head needs TLC in the future.

          Someone told me you needed a "special film" to align an SDDS reader. Would that just be a 'known good SDDS print' or would that be a special film with some special patterns printed?

          If you happened to have any documentation which is not on this forum already, it would be appreciated!

          Comment

          • Marin Zorica
            Pro Film Handler
            • Feb 2020
            • 150
            • Croatia

            #6
            Search on warehouse or either online for SDDS R-3000 manual and service manual, both were available online. You need serial cable, as LED/CCD is calibrated automaticly on R3000 by sending commands to serial port on R3000.

            Comment

            • Brad Miller
              Administrator
              • Dec 2019
              • 373
              • Plano, TX, USA

              #7
              The manual is right there in the warehouse...
              SDDS DFP-R3000 Reader Maintenance Manual

              Comment

              • Marco Giustini
                Film God
                • Jan 2020
                • 1168
                • Reading, UK

                #8
                Thanks Marin, Brad

                Was the document already on the warehouse and I was just being totally blind?

                Thanks again, it's a very interesting document!

                Comment

                Working...