Thanks for the insight! I'll reach out and ask, it would be interesting to have the full timeline of where this head was.
They're small, but they're wonderfully sharp and very clear. We finally replaced our 60s-vintage Bausch & Lomb anamorphic adapters with these a few months ago, and the difference is profound. Noticeably brighter (B&L lenses have a lot more elements, and the glue disintegrating inside probably didn't help), and far superior corner sharpness. Its pretty wild how good "modern" (90s) optics are, these things are like 1/3 the volume and mass, and produce a better image while also being a lot easier to get dialed in (astigmatism adjust on these is a lot more forgiving). The last movie we ran on the old ones was The Dark Knight, back in April. I kind of wish we had the new ones by then, that print was pristine, and I would have loved to see it through some nicer glass.
They're small, but they're wonderfully sharp and very clear. We finally replaced our 60s-vintage Bausch & Lomb anamorphic adapters with these a few months ago, and the difference is profound. Noticeably brighter (B&L lenses have a lot more elements, and the glue disintegrating inside probably didn't help), and far superior corner sharpness. Its pretty wild how good "modern" (90s) optics are, these things are like 1/3 the volume and mass, and produce a better image while also being a lot easier to get dialed in (astigmatism adjust on these is a lot more forgiving). The last movie we ran on the old ones was The Dark Knight, back in April. I kind of wish we had the new ones by then, that print was pristine, and I would have loved to see it through some nicer glass.
.
Comment