Dolby CAT668 Adapter

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Gordon Lupien
    Newbie
    • Jan 2024
    • 18
    • Rochester, NY, USA

    #1

    Dolby CAT668 Adapter

    I visited a theater the other day and the projectionist was using a Dolby SRA-5 with SR modules connected to his CP500. I am attempting to install two Cat. 350/300's in my CP500 to see if I can avoid the extra box and get the same result, since the CAT222 SR/A module that comes with the CP500 is an "emulator" and not as good as a real SR processor. Does anyone have information about the 668 adapter board? Or maybe even have one to take pictures of and measure?

    Any information would be appreciated...

    Yes, I searched the forum and found a previous topic on this in the archive, but no information was provided. You smart guys probably have a stack of these lying around!​
  • Gordon Lupien
    Newbie
    • Jan 2024
    • 18
    • Rochester, NY, USA

    #2
    Well... now I know it's a real thing. Here is a CP500 with two Cat 300's in it!

    Screenshot_20240229_001531_Facebook.jpg

    Comment

    • Alan Lyman
      Newbie
      • Jan 2020
      • 25
      • Denmark

      #3
      As far as I know,its only used for magnetic films,not optical.so I dont think you will benifit from it.As far as the SR-A5 unit and cp500,you CAN take out the preamp output,and put it into the SRA5,and then maybe back into the analog input.
      alan

      Comment

      • Steve Guttag
        Film God
        • Jan 2020
        • 3777
        • Annapolis, MD

        #4
        We sold CP500s with "real" SR. No we don't have a stack of the adapter boards.

        Comment

        • Josh Jones
          Pro Film Handler
          • Feb 2024
          • 153
          • McKinney, TX

          #5
          I know where there is one. PM me.

          Josh

          Comment

          Working...