Elmo LX-1100 Changeover

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Glenn Brown
    Newbie
    • Sep 2024
    • 4
    • New York, NY

    #1

    Elmo LX-1100 Changeover

    Hi all,

    I've recently been charged with rehabbing the projection booth at a museum and nearly have the place up and running. But our two Elmo LX-1100's have long been separated and though we have the "optional connection cable" (as the readily accessible Instruction Manual calls it), I have no clue how to connect it to the terminal in the pedestal.

    I've scoured the internet looking for a Service Manual, trawled the forums for clues, but have come up with nothing. Do any of you have a Service Manual? Or a wiring diagram? A pinout for these things?

    Thanks for whatever help you can provide.
  • Glenn Brown
    Newbie
    • Sep 2024
    • 4
    • New York, NY

    #2
    Nevermind! The good people at Elmo got back in touch and scanned an old technical manual for me. Should anyone else ever encounter such a headache - here's a screenshot of the relevant page.

    Cheers!
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

    Comment

    • Glenn Brown
      Newbie
      • Sep 2024
      • 4
      • New York, NY

      #3
      Following up, a year later after a Film-Tech user direct messaged me inquiring about the full tech manual.

      I didn't post it at the time because, it was incomplete. Humorously, the people at Elmo scanned every-other page of the service manual when I reached out. They were nervous about damaging their only hard-copy by separating some pages, so that's all I had.

      But then another projectionist had come in to cover me at work last month and I was showing him around our booth and I mentioned this silly 1/2 scan of the service manual. He wondered aloud if they might have the service manual at another venue he works at and lo and behold - they did! He made a hasty scan of it and sent it my way.

      So I still have both - one sloppily scanned but full and the other nicely scanned yet incomplete. You'll have to do a little extra work. But hopefully it'll save you a LOT of extra work in troubleshooting your issue.​ But they're too large to attach here. Send me a direct message and I'll send them your way.

      Comment

      • Abraham Robinson
        Newbie
        • May 2020
        • 19
        • Oakland, CA

        #4
        please add the full manual to the Film Tech archives

        Comment

        • Glenn Brown
          Newbie
          • Sep 2024
          • 4
          • New York, NY

          #5
          I poked around when I posted this update and couldn't figure out how/ where I can do that. I searched again just now and I still don't see how. Can you help me out?

          Comment

          • Ryan Gallagher
            Film God
            • Nov 2022
            • 2855
            • Austin, Texas, USA

            #6
            Originally posted by Glenn Brown
            I poked around when I posted this update and couldn't figure out how/ where I can do that. I searched again just now and I still don't see how. Can you help me out?
            AFAIK to add to the archives you have to give it to Brad (or some other moderator?) to upload. I'm not sure he'd put it here being that it is a 16mm system, but he might put it on the other forum. (EDIT: oh wait there is a whole 16mm section in the warehouse, did not know!)

            I'd just drop it into a public folder on google drive or your favorite cloud service and post the link in this thread for now.
            Last edited by Ryan Gallagher; 11-11-2025, 02:59 PM.

            Comment

            Working...