Adjustments of a Century backplate

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Chris Wehrman
    Film Handler
    • May 2020
    • 69
    • St. Louis, MO

    #16
    Dose anyone have a strip of AFG-1 or an AG-1 guage for sale? The late John Eickhof was kind enough to let me borrow his guage a few years ago when he rebuilt my intermittent. I wish I could have bought it from him then.

    Comment

    • Josh Jones
      Pro Film Handler
      • Feb 2024
      • 153
      • McKinney, TX

      #17
      I think its time to have a bunch of them made and sell them. We are all going to need them eventually. The space between the flanges of a VKF sprocket is 22-ish mm wide. We just need a piece of tool steel or aluminum 35mm wide with a tang to fit between the flanges of a standard VKF intermittant sprocket. If anyone is interested, mark me down for one.

      Josh

      Comment

      • Ryan Gallagher
        Film God
        • Nov 2022
        • 2855
        • Austin, Texas, USA

        #18
        Originally posted by Josh Jones
        I think its time to have a bunch of them made and sell them. We are all going to need them eventually. The space between the flanges of a VKF sprocket is 22-ish mm wide. We just need a piece of tool steel or aluminum 35mm wide with a tang to fit between the flanges of a standard VKF intermittant sprocket. If anyone is interested, mark me down for one.

        Josh
        Yeah I've had a Lavezzi saved ebay search for eons and I've never seen it come up. I'd be interested.

        Comment

        • Julian Antos
          Newbie
          • Jan 2020
          • 16
          • Chicago, IL USA

          #19
          Chicago Film Society has NOS AFG-1 steel film available. You can get in touch via our website to order. Unfortunately we only have 1 (precious) AG-1.

          Comment

          • Sean McKinnon
            Pro Film Handler
            • Jan 2020
            • 269
            • Boston (Peabody), Ma

            #20
            If people are truly interested we will look into making one or both of these.

            Comment

            • Josh Jones
              Pro Film Handler
              • Feb 2024
              • 153
              • McKinney, TX

              #21
              If it's $100 or less for a gate gauge, count me in. I was going to have a local machine shop do a few for me.

              Josh

              Comment

              • Tony Bandiera Jr
                Expert Film Handler
                • Jan 2020
                • 720
                • Moreland, Idaho

                #22
                Originally posted by Josh Jones
                If it's $100 or less for a gate gauge, count me in. I was going to have a local machine shop do a few for me.

                Josh
                I THINK I still have my Ag-1, but the storage unit is snowed in so I can't dig it out. If I do have it, I plan on going to my fabricator to have more made it they aren't stupid expensive. Remember for these to work, they have to have tight tolerances.


                Comment

                • Tony Bandiera Jr
                  Expert Film Handler
                  • Jan 2020
                  • 720
                  • Moreland, Idaho

                  #23
                  Originally posted by Sean McKinnon
                  If people are truly interested we will look into making one or both of these.
                  Sean, if I find mine we can discuss sending it to you for a template. (It will depend on how soon we get thawed out up here, may be 2-5 weeks depending.)

                  Comment

                  • Ryan Gallagher
                    Film God
                    • Nov 2022
                    • 2855
                    • Austin, Texas, USA

                    #24
                    Is there, was there (?) a 70mm equivalent to the Lavezzi AFG-1 / AG-1?

                    Comment

                    • Tony Bandiera Jr
                      Expert Film Handler
                      • Jan 2020
                      • 720
                      • Moreland, Idaho

                      #25
                      Originally posted by Ryan Gallagher
                      Is there, was there (?) a 70mm equivalent to the Lavezzi AFG-1 / AG-1?
                      IIRC Century made one for the JJ series. I had never seen one in the field, but for some reason I recall it in the Century JJ manuals. You might want to dig into the one in the forum warehouse.

                      Comment

                      • Ryan Gallagher
                        Film God
                        • Nov 2022
                        • 2855
                        • Austin, Texas, USA

                        #26
                        Originally posted by Tony Bandiera Jr

                        IIRC Century made one for the JJ series. I had never seen one in the field, but for some reason I recall it in the Century JJ manuals. You might want to dig into the one in the forum warehouse.
                        Most of the Century/JJ manuals I’ve seen only refer to using film for those minor adjustments/alignments, unless there is a service/tech version I’ve not encountered.

                        Comment

                        • Sean McKinnon
                          Pro Film Handler
                          • Jan 2020
                          • 269
                          • Boston (Peabody), Ma

                          #27
                          Tony, That would be great!

                          Comment

                          • Jim Cassedy
                            Film God
                            • Jan 2020
                            • 1450
                            • San Francisco

                            #28
                            Originally posted by Sean McKinnon
                            If people are truly interested we will look into making one or both of these.
                            Count me in!

                            Comment

                            • Chris Wehrman
                              Film Handler
                              • May 2020
                              • 69
                              • St. Louis, MO

                              #29
                              Count me in as well.

                              Comment

                              • Ryan Gallagher
                                Film God
                                • Nov 2022
                                • 2855
                                • Austin, Texas, USA

                                #30
                                Originally posted by Sean McKinnon
                                If people are truly interested we will look into making one or both of these.
                                I have an AFG-1 on the way thank to Julian, but I'd pick up an AG-1 too if more were produced.

                                Comment

                                Working...