September 2026: Due to a software update, all users will be required to change their password.
Use the login dialog to enter your credentials and follow the link to change your password.
If you don't know your password or user name, use the "Forgot Password" link in the login dialog.
Looking for a key for a Strong Super Lumex llamphouse
Odd, my lamps don't have keylocks, or a hole for them to go into.
You could disassemble the lock, remove the tumblers and springs then reinstall the neutered lock. Then, anything can be used to turn the cylinder and open the lock... the tip of a screwdriver or even a fingernail.
If somebody comes along who has a key for that hatch, they could still use it just like normal. Most people probably wouldn't even notice anything different.
I can't say that I haven't ever done anything like that... I mean, "allegedly."
Is there even a knockout where a lock would be? I've seen plenty of equipment cabinets where locks were optional. If you wanted the cabinet to lock, you used a hammer and screwdriver to remove the metal knockout and put in the lock.
I got my 543 keys and the lamphouses are open. Now to go rescue the projection booth that hasn’t been run since the 1970’s. These lamps are replacing Christie lamp systems.
Ryan, it’s just a typical 1950’s two projector XL booth with XL sound system. It’s a complete time capsule, except for the Christie lamps and rectifier. I was told enough times years ago that they weren’t good. The rectifier are 3 phase which I don’t have. I remembered that a theater, now a church, likely still had film equipment in storage. That’s where these strong lamphouses came from.
I’ll likely not run them much at all, but I am familiar with them and thought they should be saved. I do have reverse scan parts in the the newer projectors if I get tired of the PEC mono setup.
Comment