Can U Identify These Aperture Plates?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Jim Cassedy
    Film God
    • Jan 2020
    • 1450
    • San Francisco

    #1

    Can U Identify These Aperture Plates?

    These two aperture plates were in a box of assorted cinema odds-&-ends that I acquired
    several years ago. I know I've seen this type of plate before, but my mind is a total blank
    on which type of projector they fit. I'm sure somebody here knows the answer. THANX!

    DualPlate 2.jpg

  • Tim Androes
    Film Handler
    • Jan 2020
    • 31
    • Seattle, WA, USA

    #2
    Simplex with a turret, prior to Millenium model but don't remember which exactly

    Comment

    • Tim Androes
      Film Handler
      • Jan 2020
      • 31
      • Seattle, WA, USA

      #3
      on second thought...went and looked thru the manuals for Simplex...those look very similar to the illustration for PR2000 Millenium apertures except your's have an extra small hole

      Comment

      • Randy Stankey
        Film God
        • Jan 2020
        • 1388
        • Erie, PA, USA

        #4
        I agree. They are for a Simplex with turret and aperture changer.

        The projector has a slider that runs on a rack and pinion. The clip that holds the plate was always coming undone and the little, metal flap would fall open. I don't know how many of the projectors I used to service would always seem to have splicing tape holding the clip shut!

        Comment

        • Jim Cassedy
          Film God
          • Jan 2020
          • 1450
          • San Francisco

          #5
          Originally posted by Randy Stankey
          (edited) They are for a Simplex with turret and aperture changer.
          THANKS, Tim and Randy! Simplex is probably a safe assumption, and makes sense
          since there were a few other Simplex parts in the box, like this 5-Star soundhead door.

          SimplexIVstardoor.jpg

          Comment

          • John T Hendrickson Jr
            Newbie
            • Mar 2022
            • 3
            • Howell NJ

            #6
            Hey Jim. An old dog here who has been out of the business for 12 years and have not posted for ages, but they are certainly Simplex plates. I second Randy's reply. He is correct.

            Comment

            • Mark Gulbrandsen
              Film God
              • Jan 2020
              • 3093
              • Nashville, TN

              #7
              Originally posted by Randy Stankey
              I agree. They are for a Simplex with turret and aperture changer.

              The projector has a slider that runs on a rack and pinion. The clip that holds the plate was always coming undone and the little, metal flap would fall open. I don't know how many of the projectors I used to service would always seem to have splicing tape holding the clip shut!
              For sure! I filed out a lot of those over the years...

              Comment

              Working...