Kinoton FP30D shutter

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Javier de Blas
    Film Handler
    • Jan 2025
    • 47
    • Madrid, Spain, Europe

    #1

    Kinoton FP30D shutter

    Hello everyone, maybe this have bean cover before, but I can't find it.
    My kinoton fp30d show the film a bit more than it should. So especially on credits with white fonts you can see i bit of ghosting going upwards. For what I know on how a film projector works. I think that the shutter is a bit out of sync with the film plane movement. I think is just a matter readjusting the shutter disc a bit clockwise or anti clock wise until i stop seeing the ghosting. The problem. The manual limits itself to tell you "call kinoton if this happens" and I can't find any explicit guide online to adjust it.
    You can see it on this video, it's more apparent in real life. And sorry for the poor quality of the video.
  • Steve Guttag
    Film God
    • Jan 2020
    • 3777
    • Annapolis, MD

    #2
    Please note, you are working at your own risk. There is ample opportunity to hurt yourself and the projector when working with the shutter as it spins very fast with a decent amount of force and will absolutely cause serious harm to you if you contact the moving shutter.


    image.png​
    image.png​

    Comment

    • Javier de Blas
      Film Handler
      • Jan 2025
      • 47
      • Madrid, Spain, Europe

      #3
      Thanks a lot. That's a magnificent guide.

      Hope you have a great day.

      Comment

      • Ryan Gallagher
        Film God
        • Nov 2022
        • 2855
        • Austin, Texas, USA

        #4
        Steve, Being only used to Century methods with the luxury of a timing adjust knob, I’m curious what function the threaded film has in the rough adjust phase.

        Edit: Is it just an alternate method to visualize the 2 perf advancement in the framing window? Century's guide tells you to "use a stationary reference" at the intermittent sprocket itself. I think i bent up a paperclip to use as a pointer last time I checked my rough adjustment.
        Last edited by Ryan Gallagher; 10-24-2025, 08:50 AM.

        Comment

        Working...