Neumade 35SS splicer: bottom plate screw

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Tim Reed
    Film Handler
    • May 2020
    • 67
    • Van Wert, Ohio, USA

    #1

    Neumade 35SS splicer: bottom plate screw

    What is the screw size that attaches the clean out plate to the bottom of Neumade splicers? Neumade part # is NT-18C. Mine has stripped out holes. I could just tap them out to the next larger size, but I'd like to repair with helicoils if I can, to keep it spec.
  • Steve Guttag
    Film God
    • Jan 2020
    • 3777
    • Annapolis, MD

    #2
    I'm reasonably certain that they are M3 but, honestly, I'd have to check to be sure...it's possible that they'd be M2.6 (more popular in Japan than M2.5).

    Comment

    • Ryan Gallagher
      Film God
      • Nov 2022
      • 2855
      • Austin, Texas, USA

      #3
      Originally posted by Steve Guttag
      I'm reasonably certain that they are M3 but, honestly, I'd have to check to be sure...it's possible that they'd be M2.6 (more popular in Japan than M2.5).
      Yep. The ones in my 70SS are indeed M3. Appear to be 5mm threads, phillips head.

      IMG_6701.jpg

      Comment

      • Tim Reed
        Film Handler
        • May 2020
        • 67
        • Van Wert, Ohio, USA

        #4
        Thank you, gentlemen! Much appreciated.

        Comment

        Working...